“Fantastic pizza and pasta”
Review of Big Route

Big Route
Ranked #83 of 1,323 Restaurants in Cape Town Central
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Great gourmet Pizza, craft beer, local wine. Big Route Pizzeria offers a unique experience for families and friends! Also for a quite business lunch! A great experience for easy dining and socializing with people from all around the world. Big Route has become in a very short time one of the most popular spots for all Italians to have their favourite thin base light pizza with true Italian ingredients. Free Wi-Fi all day! Free parking! Lounge area available for birthdays and all functions.
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

The whole family loved the food here. We had both pizza and pasta. We recommend the safari pizza with springbock carpaccio on. We have to go back once more before going home.

Date of visit: April 2019
2  Thank Lindiee79

Reviewed March 29, 2019

Big Route has given me the best dining experience I have ever had in my entire life and I’ve been to hundreds of restaurants, food is my passion and I very rarely write reviews.

The owner is the most authentic and warm-hearted human I have ever come across, such intensity and has a true passion for what he does, and did I mention attractive? Probably one of the top 3 hottest people on earth it’s like having your own personal Johnny Depp. Throughout the night we lived vicariously through his words and stories as he engaged with us, it was very easy to see why their food is of the highest quality.

Everything about the place is unique and the waiters, very rarely do you come across genuine equals people you want to invite over to extend your company at the table and dine with you, that how it feels their staff is incredible (not “trained” it’s natural they act on their own, they go above and beyond), throughout my visits there I have interacted with all of them at some stage and this is true for every one of them.

Buy the owner a shot expresso after your meal to thank him for what he managed to create.

Words cannot describe the richness and quality of their food, there are so much work and passion and attention to detail that goes into every meal it’s almost unfathomable what they are able to serve in terms of fresh quality and flavor.

Make no mistake this is a world class restaurant whose chefs, staff and owners are second to none.

3  Thank ErikThiart
Reviewed March 29, 2019 via mobile

The pizza’s were delicious: flavoursome with fabulous thin crispy base. Spagnola with avo and the Ciao Bambino was a favourite for us.
The staff were friendly, but unfortunately the place was crammed & we waited over an house for our pizza. Would like to try them on a night when there isn’t a concert.

1  Thank elliecourts
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

Awesome restaurant in a great area. The food was absolute fantastic, some of the best Gnocchi we’ve ever had. With that goes a very comfortable warm atmosphere. We will definitely return.

1  Thank Walla13
Reviewed February 4, 2019

The closest you'll come to eating Italian in Cape Town
Amazing thin-based pizza and pasta with fresh ingredients

Date of visit: January 2019