“Nice range of food options ”

V&A Market on the Wharf
More attraction details
Owner description: V&A Market on the Wharf is South Africa's latest and most tantalizing fresh food and produce market. Open 5 days a week at Africa's hottest venue - the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town, its motto is "Experience Goodness". Market visitors will experience an adventure of flavours, including a foodie bookshop, "Books for Cooks" and a demo kitchen, offering culinary experiences for the mind and the body. More amazing shopping experiences offered by V&A Market On The Wharf are free internet access in the precinct and a drop and go collection service. Join us on our incredible journey to goodness and discovering the amazing products and vendors who will be at the journey's end.
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in here a couple of times during our trip. We always had tasty food and good coffee- I would definitely recommend the pancake place, where I had a very cheesy pancake.

There's lots of food stalls to tempt but they did seem overpriced. Major downside was the volume me music at weekends- far too loud for conversation, or even thought.

Overall a decent option for use waterfront.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

The market had plenty for everyone, including crafts and jewelry. It is in the heart of the waterfront.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The fairly new Food Market (opened late 2012) in the V&A Waterfront (next to Nobel Laureate Square) is a great addition for food choices if you don't feel like sitting in a "normal" restaurant.

This food market is ideal for a relaxing week-end brunch or just to grab some interesting things from the various Deli Stalls.

We visited recently on a Saturday for lunch - our friends chose Thai food, I decided on a Malay Chicken Curry. All good and washed down with wine and beer from the upstairs bar. There are many other options such as Greek, Bavarian, South African etc etc. And the downstairs area has many interesting deli stalls.

The atmosphere is casual, the benches rustic and the food good. There is lots to chose from, whether you just need a quick coffee, some breakfast or a leisurely lunch.

For families, there is a small play area for the kids, tucked in a corner upstairs.

A great addition to the casual eating scene at the V&A.

1  Thank kaapie62
Reviewed July 15, 2013

There's everything you could need at the Waterfront. From great restaurants to an indoor shopping mall iwth many, many stores. Even a movie theatre. Good fun sitting outside listening to the local bands.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I popped into this somewhat "undiscovered" gem over the weekend for a few drinks and a bite to eat. It was my third time or so and to my delight it wasn't packed which was my experience on previous visits. A nice informal setting to grab some eats,treats and drinks and to just relax at.
It was my first time perched up at the bar area and even from that location it had it's own unique feel and character. I LOVE the fact that I can get my fix of "Origin" coffee there on those cute bar stools which say "Have a seat." I recommend the gourmet samoosas,waffles,ice-cream from the Creamery,koeksusters at the spice stand,the Thai food too! Loads of decadence awaits you. Worth a visit!Enjoy!

1  Thank Sue4680