“Cape Town with Tim”

Friends of Dorothy Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: I offer private day tours in and around Cape Town looking at things from a slightly different angle.So whether it is the traditional Peninsula, wine, cultural, culinary, gardens or historical tours or something different, ask me and I can work something out that best fits with your wishes and time available.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My family hired Tim for two days of touring around Cape Town. He was experienced and knowledgeable. He took us to the wine country and to the Cape of Good Hope. We had an amazing experience with fantastic food, great conversation, and spectacular views of the coast. Tim was the epitome of a what we wanted in a tour guide - he brought us to places that were unique and interesting while having the education and knowledge to explain the history and background of the areas we visited. He also provided suggestions of places to visit in our free time based on our interests - he helped us buy tickets for a rugby game, suggested trails for hiking up Table Mountain, and found an amazing store/museum for us to look at Tanzanite jewelry. I would highly recommend hiring Tim as a tour guide.

3  Thank Natalie I

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a fabulous day touring the Cape Town peninsula with Tim. We booked via email and from the first contact to saying good bye we had an excellent service. Tim has a natural friendly style and is very well informed about the area. His clean and comfortable vehicle (VW T5 minibus) had supplies such as water and snacks - plus some umbrellas (which were needed for this Cape Town winter weather). We were picked up from our hotel as planned at 9am and we followed his route around the cape which took advantage of the (little) sun and meant we avoided most buses/coaches. There were four of us and we feel this tour was good value for money. It is worth investing more in a personal tour and having a guide meant we learnt a lot more about the area and its history. We had a really good day and we are sure you will too! Many thanks to Tim.

3  Thank John R
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have just returned from a very wet and windy Cape Town. However all was not lost as we had booked a Peninsula Tour with Tim at Friends of Dorothy and we were in for a real treat. The weather was not perfect at all times throughout our day but Tim made the day a wonderful experience. He was knowledgeable on all aspects of our drive, from the flora and fauna to the history and the more up to date events in the area. We learnt a great deal and enjoyed this day out immensely, I would recommend his company and the drive.
Thanks Tim.

4  Thank GAPBedfordshire
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We recently visited Cape Town to see our daughter who is studying at University of Cape Town. I contacted Tim prior to arriving and described what we were interested in doing - a tour of the wine country, preferably including some wineries that were a little more off the beaten path. Tim picked us up at our hotel around 9:00 am and we headed towards the Stellenbosch area. We toured three wineries over the course of the day including a lovely one with a Japanese style tea garden. Tim was knowledgeable and entertaining; frequently quoting poetry to illustrate a point. Over the course of the day, we chatted about wine, history, the areas we were visiting and a wide range of subjects. He made changes to our itinerary as we went based on comments we made. For example, after I talked about how much I loved to cook, he added in a stop at an olive farm where we sampled different olive oils made on site. Tim sent me a list of restaurant recommendations and I had selected three that I thought we would enjoy. We had a wonderful lunch at La Petite Ferme which was one of the three on my list. All in all the day fit perfectly with what I had envisioned and I would highly recommend Tim for anyone interested in doing a tour.

3  Thank mrun
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My partner and I strongly recommend the tour with Friends of Dorothy. We chose the Cape Town city tour but were left feeling that if we had more time that we should have signed up for more tours, since the level of knowledge that was provided was so strong. There is no way we could have gotten as much out of Cape Town if we did not take this tour. We got to see so much more of the city, learned so much about the history, as well as the food and culture. He was very organized, communicated well prior to the tour to make sure we were well taken care of relative to what we wanted to see, and also answered all of our questions (and we had a lot of them).
I'm sure the other tours are great too, but I would definitely recommend that you put on your walking shoes and pick the friends of Dorothy city tour to lean about Cape Town!

3  Thank BostonCassowary