“Great food for very reasonable prices” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gourmet Boerie - CLOSED

Gourmet Boerie
Cuisines: African
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Home of the South African gourmet boerewors roll
San Francisco, California
“Great food for very reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

I ran across this place while walking back to where I'm staying. Very clean, nice, comfortable setting. I didn't know what a "boerie" was before I walked in here and the waiter explained it all (basically, it is South African hot dog but done in a much nicer way, with all sorts of different sauces). Staff is friendly. I enjoyed my meal here and didn't pay much at all!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank eerdem

Toronto, Canada
“Lekker boerie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

As an ex South African visiting cape town we had to try this place. The food was great, we had the traditional boerie - one with chakalaka sauce and one with tomato, goats cheese, pesto, caramelized onion - great. The meat was tasty as were the toppings. Nice, open place with large sliding doors and windows to soak up everything happening on kloof.

1 Thank CF_TO
Peterborough, England
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We came here for a drink first as it was just around the corner from where we were staying, they've got free wifi. We liked the food coming out so we came on our last day for lunch. They had a good trade and we got seated ok. The service was good, the food was great and the price was good too. Definitely recommend it

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lazylisa
Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
“Boerie lunch at the foot of the moutain”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Poor service, very slow. Food very average, over rated. I am sure Cape Town has got much better to offer.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ZuZanna B
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Perfect intro to SA food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I had a group of 20 French students, hungry and fresh off the plane so I wanted to give them a quick meal but typically local. What better choice than Gourmet Boerie? I'd never been there myself but had heard good reports.

The helpful staff were able to accommodate us at short notice. I advised the students on a few suggestions and they ordered a variety of rolls. It was the best choice and they all loved their rolls. I had the one with gorgonzola - delicious! The chakalakka was a big hit with the others.

Service was fast, efficient and super-friendly. The students tried some Malva pudding on my recommendation and loved it.

The long tables make a perfect setting for a casual atmosphere.

Thanks, guys, for helping me make a good first impression of Cape Town!

• Visited February 2014