“Excellent service from Lesley”
Review of Amber Tours

Amber Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Private tours, specializing in the history of South Africa and the wine region.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent service from Lesley”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Our travel agent recommended Lesley to us when my sister in law and I decided we didn't want to hire a car during our stay in Cape Town and Franschoek. Lesley was fantastic. She planned three wonderful day trips for us to Cape Point, Hermanus and a tour of the winelands. She catered for our differing requirements and made sure we had an enjoyable and interesting visit. She also gave us lots of ideas and advice for the days when we weren't using her. She helped make our stay in South Africa a very memorable experience and I would definitely recommend her.

Visited March 2014
Lesleyjc38, Owner at Amber Tours, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about me on Trip Advisor and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Cape Town. I hope that you and your sister-in-law visit South again in the future - all the best

West Malling, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“So pleased we invested in Lesley!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We have just returned from a 4 day break in Capetown as part of a bigger South African adventure. Whilst my husband and I had been to Capetown before, this was the first visit for our children aged 12 & 9. We wanted to ensure that our time was well spent, and that we covered everyone's interests.

We found Lesley via TripAdvisor. After a prompt series of email exchanges, we were confident that she was the right tour guide for us. She was very helpful in planning the bare-bones of our 2 days, as I wanted to remain reasonably flexible to see how we were feeling / the weather etc on arrival, and I liked her simply fixed fee (you pay Lesley a day rate, and pay for all entrance fees, meals etc in person).

The 2 days with Lesley were excellent. Lesley did a great job at fitting in the right amount & type of activities. She is incredibly knowledgeable and told us so much about every place we visited. She was excellent with the children, encouraging them to ask her questions and do things with her. Whilst Lesley was always 'with us', she was very discreet e.g. at meal times and during personalised parts of our visit (e.g. the cheetah experience).

To say Lesley goes the extra mile is an under-statement! Our son wanted a local football team shirt as a souvenir, and she phoned numerous shops to track one down. On the second day it became clear that we'd benefit from less wineries and more beaches, so Lesley completely changed the 2nd half of our day.

We would recommend Lesley as a tour guide for any combination / age of visitors.

Visited April 2014
Lesleyjc38, Owner at Amber Tours, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Cheetah walk as they are doing such fabulous work there. It was also wonderful for me, spending time with football fans and I hope your son enjoys wearing his Ajax Cape Town football shirt. All the best
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Wine Tour and Guide”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We were in Cape Town in Feb and were next heading to Stellenbosch and Franshhoek to visit the wineries of South Africa. Our hostess at the Inn we were staying at recommended we use Leslie for a wine tour while we're there. She met us at our hotel in Franshhoek all smiles and as excited as we were of the day ahead. She asked us what we wanted to accomplish and tailored our tour based on that. Leslie is extremely knowledgeable of all things wines and cognacs (but they don't call them cognacs) and just was such a pleasure to spend the day with. It was also my birthday and she made it a very special day for me as well as my friends. She also brought us to an amazing winery for lunch - incredible views. She's wonderful, knows her wines and the history of South Africa (very interesting to us being from the USA) and just a pleasure to be with. I would strongly recommend that if you're in Cape Town or the wine region that you book your tour with her. Fantastic!

Visited February 2014
Lesleyjc38, Owner at Amber Tours, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased hear that you enjoyed your tour around the wine region - especially as it was your birthday. I hope you return to Cape Town again in the future - all the best
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very nice Tours with Lesley!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Had 2 beautiful tours with a nice, funny and well organised Lesley. Visited the wonderful & famous Cape Point, Kirstenbosch Nat. Bot. Garden, Oak Valley estates with gorgeous flowers, fruits and great lunch at The Pool Room. We also went to the Kanonkop wine estate, Fairview with very nice cheeses, jams and other products to bring back home, not forgetting the chocolates....

Visited February 2014
Lesleyjc38, Owner at Amber Tours, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review and it is so wonderful to have clients on tour for a second time. The visit to the greenhouses where they grow the flowers for South Africa was also a highlight for me. I look forward to welcoming you back to Cape Town again in the future. All the best.
Prescott, Arizona
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Local Knowledge”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband and I toured with Lesley for 2 days March 2014 and she was great. She know when to take us to attractions in order to maximize our time seeing the attraction and minimize our time in line. For example, when we went to Table Mountain, we literally purchased our ticket and walked onto the gondola. She customized the tours to meet our preferences. So we spent our time seeing things we like vs. standard tours. She also made recommendations regarding places we'd enjoy eating and visiting in our non-tour hours.

Visited March 2014
Lesleyjc38, Owner at Amber Tours, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review - it really is appreciated and I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to Cape Town - all the best