“Excellent wine tour”

Wine Flies Wine Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: You will get to visit world famous estates. BUT even better...as you will also get to taste the wine lands in a more real way by visiting hidden farms only known to locals. Share stories with the local wine makers, drink wine directly from the barrel, endless cheese, local treats, cellar tour, vineyard walk, various wines, Stellenbosch etc. This is what we pride ourselves in. It’s a must for the traveller wanting to experience the best of everything the wine lands has to offer. Our tours are something memorable, immensely fun and mostly a real South African experience in the heart of one of world’s most renowned regions.
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

When something gets such good reviews on Tripadvisor, I often find I'm disappointed. However, this wasn't the case with Wine Flies.

We visited five wineries and tried over 25 wines. Some paired with chocolate, some with cheese. Had a lovely lunch (Braai, vege option available in the day) which is included in the price.

I learnt some interesting info about wine... How it's made, how to taste, the history etc but it wasn't an information overload.

I patted several dogs, goats and even a tortoise. The pace of the day was perfect. Never rushed but never hanging around too long.

We had the opportunity to buy wines (at very reasonable prices) at each winery but never any pressure to buy if you don't want to.

Our guide Terence was fantastic. I've been traveling a lot over the last five years and Terence was the best guide I've ever had. Just a really friendly, knowledgeable, humble guy. Even the music in the van between stops was bang on. He started off chill in the morning (Jack Johnson etc) and as we drank more, out came the sing along classics. This is a tour company who really put the extra effort in to get every little thing right.

Just book it.

"booked this tour"
"great guide"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

We had an incredible day touring through Stellenbosch with V. He made everyone feel comfortable and my partner and I left with a group of friends. And the wine was incredible! The hardest part of the day was deciding which ones to take home. All in all a fantastic day and must do in Cape Town !

Reviewed September 26, 2017

Our tour guide was funny, friendly, and very knowledgeable and genuine. The wineries he took us to all had their own unique charm and unique flavours - there seemed to be something for everyone (whether you liked red, white, sweet or dry) even though he did warn us that the region we were in largely dealt with reds. One place paired with chocolates, one paired with cheese. One place had a duck parade and market on, and another served amazing lunch! (I am vegetarian, and their option was delicious) I certainly learned a lot and found my new favourite winery (Lovane!!)

Highly recommend. You get to experience a lot more on a tour rather than just hitting a few wineries by yourself.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Went on a scheduled tour with a friend on 16 Sep.
The weather was lovely and wine was wonderful. What could be better than this?
Kobus was our guide for the tour. He was fun and very knowledgeable about wine. To be frank, I just wanted to enjoy some wines and get tipsy but managed to learn a lot thanks to Kobus! =P

We had a really great time. Best tour ever.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 21, 2017

I knew that I wanted to do a wine tour during my time in South Africa! The wines are so good and different from other regions in Europe where we have done wine tours previously. Overall, I was very pleased with the many wineries we visited and the knowledge level of the staff at the wineries. The lunch we enjoyed was really good and filling! All of the different pairings were wonderful!
The vehicle was very full and I wish that the group had been smaller. The tour guide mostly drove us around and did some descriptions of the wine and basic history, but I think he could have told us more about the different wines and wineries we visited.

WineFlies, Owner at Wine Flies Wine Tours - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Hi Rebecca

Thanks a lot for the compliments on our wines:) Good to know we are up there with the best. I believe you must have had one of our new guides, so perhaps the guide was not yet as well "oiled" as the older guides.
Would you mind mailing us so that we can assist our new guide with more knowledge and training. Would love if you could assist us in order for all our guides to be on the same excellent level as what we became known for.

Cheers!