“BEST KEPT SECRET IN SEAPOINT”
Review of The Backyard Grill

The Backyard Grill
Ranked #199 of 1,185 Restaurants in Cape Town
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Seapoints hidden gem ! A true South African "braai" experience.... rub shoulders with the locals whilst your food gets grilled at the bbq right in front of you. We have a fantastic selection of meat and seafood to choose from and a cozy neighborhood vibe that will make you feel right at home !
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Just finished my steak there and can only comment positively on this little place. The decor in the backyard could need some improvement, but you go there for the quality of the steak and certainly my rib-eye and the rump steak has been excellent. from experience with lots of tourist there could be space for improvement - like I would prefer to be offered the steak with or without paste, as the trend is now - just having the steak without paste or sauces.Whats on offer is small but delicate. Only critic I have, my ice cream hs not been deep fried - just ice cream rolled in cinnamon, but otherwise I will be definitely back.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

All the ingredients for a superb night out - value - cuisine - music - atmosphere. You can't go wrong.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Frequenting this relaxed backyard is always a treat. As soon as I leave I dream about the next time I will enjoy the succulent prawns and best mussels in town! Definitely worth a try, and if you don't fall in love with the food then you will with the chilled atmosphere, groovy tunes and delicious wine list.

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We were walking through Seapoint in search of the perfect spot for our last night in Cape Town, and we certainly found it. For anyone who has ever thrown (or attended) a great backyard BBQ, this place fits the bill. The food was excellent - and we got to watch the owner grill it from our table before he came over for a chat. Service was quick and responsive. Portions were generous and there was a good selection of wines available. Recommend the grilled chicken wings, lamb chops, and the whole rack of ribs!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We walked in on the last night of our visit to Cape Town, hoping for a decent restaurant. We got so much more!! DELICIOUS meat entrees, grilled a few feet away by the owner, a great local bottle of Cab Sav/Shiraz, and plenty of love from the resident pooch who stole our heart. Very authentic, hearty fare. I particularly recommend the lamb chops and the ribs. Yum, good stuff. Still salivating now. I would drive across town, not to mention the country, for this food.