“A Must-Do for Foodies and Wine Lovers!”

Cape Fusion Tours - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Cape Fusion Tours specializes in offering a "Taste of the Cape" - as such all of our tours offer a gourmet twist! Our obsession is finding great wine and delicious taste sensations. We offer private tours which range from tailor made wine tours through to our cultural culinary walking tour of the city called Cape Town Eats. As foodies ourselves we like to taste the local delights in a country and as such offer the opportunity to cook what locals eat and then to sit down and enjoy the dishes we have prepared. No trip is complete without exploring our beautiful city and surrounds and as such we combine a gourmet visit with trips to explore our beautiful Cape.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Pam came highly recommended by a friend of a friend who had visited Cape Town several years back, so I made arrangements to spend a day visiting wineries in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch with her on my recent trip. Pam was a fantastic tour guide (it felt more like talking with an old friend than with a guide) and her tour exceeded my expectations in every way. She is a wealth of knowledge about South African history and politics as well as the ins and outs of Cape Town, especially as it pertains to food and wine. As a passionate foodie and wine lover, she takes her research seriously and is constantly keeping up to date with the restaurant and winery scene. Her tour is extremely comprehensive and flexible and she works hard to cater the tour to her clients' interests and requests. Additionally, Pam was quick to respond via email when booking the tour and followed up afterwards with a list of the restaurants she had mentioned throughout the day as well as others to check out. If you are looking for a fun, comprehensive tour with a professional guide who is very in the know about what's happening in Cape Town, definitely reach out to Pam.

All reviews
"wine country"
in 11 reviews
"wealth of knowledge"

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I came across Pam’s details – like all good finds – though a recommendation, a ‘friend of a friend’ thing. I wanted to get as much out of my trip to Cape Town as possible and get all the ‘must see’ things done as well as picking up some ‘insider’ tips too.

I emailed Pam from the UK and she was quick to respond. I managed to get a walking/foodie tour lined up and set a date. On the day, Pam turned up bang on time, big smiles and lots of laughs. I knew that it was going to be a good day and – usefully – Pam had warned us (against the threat of death) not to have breakfast!

We headed off in Pam’s (new and A/Cd) van and were quickly parked up in the wonderfully coloured streets and ready to get walking.

Our first stop saw as getting stuck in to a tasty Samosa, a sweet doughnut-y (sorry Pam, forgotten all the names!) and a fruity, milky drink to wash it all down with. Lovely tastes and something very different. The tour got better and better. We ‘snacked as we went’ and Pam – clearly passionate about her great city – gave us the very best tips that we’d go on to use throughout the remainder of our trip. Every corner provided a nugget of history or a shop to re-visit.

The tour is quite a lengthy one but Pam knows exactly how far you can go without a pit-stop. These were well-measured and at the right pace for us. The fact that nibbly bits/food are included in the tour cost means no raking round for change and showing everybody that you ‘might’ be a daft tourist!

All in all, a great experience and certainly one that I’d recommend. We’ll see what else Pam has to offer next time we’re in Cape Town.

Top marks.

Gordon & Jorge

Reviewed December 20, 2013

We had a great time on all three days of our stay in Cape Town with Pam. We enjoyed walking through the little streets of Cape Town on her gourmet walking tour and discovered the wine country through her expertise of the area.
Her knowledge of the South African history and culture added to all the flavours she introduced while bringing us into the everyday life of Cape Town. Everything we ate and drank was interesting and delicious. We had such a memorable, fantastic, scrumptious, enjoyable experience that words can't describe it! We highly recommend this very authentic way to experience Cape Town and its cuisine.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I traveled to Cape Town recently and one of the highlights of my trip was a customized one day tour of Stellenbosch and Franschhoek with Pam. She was flexible and worked closely with me to create an itinerary that touched upon my interests (art, design, food). It was a really wonderful day and I only wish that I had more time with her! She is very personable and full of great information! Also a fellow foodie :) She even gave me some valuable tips for the rest of my holiday!