A fabulous hotel. As we arrived late they kept the bar open a little longer so that we could relax after our flight.
We were on a package deal which included breakfast and dinner and a suite facing the ocean. A bottle of chilled wine with snacks were waiting for us in the room (so we didn't need the bar after all!)
The room was a lovely suite, recently modernised with a shower. (I am sure if we had asked for a bath, there would have been no problems!)
As for the breakfast- fit for a king, even catered for wheat intoleance, which is nice to know!
Dinner was wonderful, if you have children, the childrens menu is beautifully done and comes with crayons to colour it in after the decision has been made!
The pool and facilities were excellent. They even have a supply of high strength suncreams if you need them.
The shuttle can take you to numerous placesif you decide you would like to sightsee and there are some lovely rock pools a few hundred yards from the hotel.
It is not on the beach but you can be shuttled there and there is a road directly in front of the hotel between you and the sea, but absolutely no noise in the rooms facing the sea.
The family suites (which have additional bedrooms) are very well set out and they are really family friendly.
As for the Jazz brunch, its superb...a definite must, even if you are not staying at the hotel!
Would most definately stay again. Sorry I haven't any photos but the website has so look it up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winchester Mansions is an iconic building on the seafront in Cape Town within close proximity to the V&A Waterfront and Cape Town International Airport. Free shuttle service to the Waterfront, free wifi internet access in public areas are standard. This landmark hotel offers classic elegant rooms, many boasting stunning sea views. Facilities include a heated pool, relaxing treatments in the Ginkgo Spa, signature dishes from award winning Harveys Restaurant & Bar as well as full service conferencing. Cape Town's most famous and longest running Jazz brunch is hosted at Winchester Mansions every Sunday of the year. The monthly Grapes, Gourmet and Gallery evenings draw large numbers of food & wine lovers and art aficionados. Winchester Mansions - Part of the Journey ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Winchester Mansions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winchester Mansions Hotel Cape Town Central
- Winchester Mansions Cape Town, South Africa