My husband, father-in-law and I were in Cape Town for a week to attend a family wedding. We had previously stayed at a hotel close to the V&A WaterFront but were shocked at the hike in price since our stay there in 2006; our travel agent recommended Winchester Mansions (I assume so-named because it's layout is similar to a block of London mansions flats) and we're so very glad we took her advice. My father-in-law had recently had a hip operation and was not very mobile, in addition to which he suffers from glaucoma so has very poor eyesight. All the hotel staff were superb in helping him - and I mean helping, not patronising, him. A wheelchair was provided whenever he needed it and he really enjoyed chatting and joking with all the staff. We entertained family to dinner at the hotel twice and - even though the wedding was not held there - everyone was made to feel really special. It contributed a lot to the pre-nuptial excitement! In the midst of all this, my husband and I were also able to grab the odd hour here and there to relax by the pool or to walk down to the Water Front (only half an hour and very pleasant exercise.) The hotel is also ideally situated for driving down the coast to Camps Bay etc while Table Mountain, Signal Hill and even Kirstenbosch were within a reasonable drive. (We even saw a whale and her calf in the sea opposite the hotel the day we arrived!) My only regret is that the family lunch the day after the wedding meant we had to miss the Sunday Jazz session at Winchester Mansions - but what a good excuse to go back! I wouldn't even consider looking at anywhere else next time we visit - we're heading straight back to the Mansions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winchester Mansions is an iconic building on the seafront in Cape Town within close proximity to the V&A Waterfront and Cape Town International Airport. Free shuttle service to the Waterfront, free wifi internet access in public areas are standard. This landmark hotel offers classic elegant rooms, many boasting stunning sea views. Facilities include a heated pool, relaxing treatments in the Ginkgo Spa, signature dishes from award winning Harveys Restaurant & Bar as well as full service conferencing. Cape Town's most famous and longest running Jazz brunch is hosted at Winchester Mansions every Sunday of the year. The monthly Grapes, Gourmet and Gallery evenings draw large numbers of food & wine lovers and art aficionados. Winchester Mansions - Part of the Journey ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Winchester Mansions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winchester Mansions Hotel Cape Town Central
- Winchester Mansions Cape Town, South Africa