We went to the Winchester Mansions for a production business wise, as our favorite hotel was booked out. In the beginning I was really a little frustrated about my room Could hardly move around my suitcase when unpacking as the rooms are not really spacious, neither I had a view. Only a small window which didn´t have any great view - only a look on an other building. When looking at the website I had the feeling that we might see some part of the ocean but you can only have that when getting on the other side of the hotel. I am sure they have ocean view rooms, but mine didn´t. On the 2nd view though I appreciated the quite spacious bathroom, the comfortable bed, my working station on the desk, a wonderful breakfast on a nice patio in the morning (hell yes - if you are on a diet and only go for the fruits you will find happiness here! Yummy, exotic, fresh, tasty, exquisite with some Joghurt on top and a cappucino - loved it....but you could have so many more choices that you wouldn´t need anything else for the whole day. The maids are wonderful, the staff at the reception very helpful and super friendly. Most of the time we had to work outside of the hotel, but the time being at the hotel I can only connect with positive feelings. Maybe not love on first sight, but definitely on 2nd sight!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winchester Mansions is an iconic building on the seafront in Cape Town within close proximity to the V&A Waterfront and Cape Town International Airport. Free shuttle service to the Waterfront, free wifi internet access in public areas are standard. This landmark hotel offers classic elegant rooms, many boasting stunning sea views. Facilities include a heated pool, relaxing treatments in the Ginkgo Spa, signature dishes from award winning Harveys Restaurant & Bar as well as full service conferencing. Cape Town's most famous and longest running Jazz brunch is hosted at Winchester Mansions every Sunday of the year. The monthly Grapes, Gourmet and Gallery evenings draw large numbers of food & wine lovers and art aficionados. Winchester Mansions - Part of the Journey ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Winchester Mansions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winchester Mansions Hotel Cape Town Central
- Winchester Mansions Cape Town, South Africa