Perfect location, great landmark building, amazing courtyard - a great foundation for a top hotel. However, the management does not get it quite right. Understaffed and not very service-oriented reception staff, rather lazy service at breakfast ( how difficult can it be to serve coffee) and the constant hectic and chaos created by bus loads full of tourists and people visiting jazz lunches or company events made this hotel rather irritating for me as a hotel guest for 8 nights. Huge potential. Do something with it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winchester Mansions is an iconic building on the seafront in Cape Town within close proximity to the V&A Waterfront and Cape Town International Airport. Free shuttle service to the Waterfront, free wifi internet access in public areas are standard. This landmark hotel offers classic elegant rooms, many boasting stunning sea views. Facilities include a heated pool, relaxing treatments in the Ginkgo Spa, signature dishes from award winning Harveys Restaurant & Bar as well as full service conferencing. Cape Town's most famous and longest running Jazz brunch is hosted at Winchester Mansions every Sunday of the year. The monthly Grapes, Gourmet and Gallery evenings draw large numbers of food & wine lovers and art aficionados. Winchester Mansions - Part of the Journey ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Winchester Mansions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winchester Mansions Hotel Cape Town Central
- Winchester Mansions Cape Town, South Africa