My wife and I stayed for three nights from 16 December 2012 with our two sons who were in the next door room. The room was nicely decorated and clean. The hotel was in a great location, a short free shuttle ride to the Waterfront complex. The staff were all helpful (especially the reception staff) and the food was good (although we only had breakfast and a bar snack). Our only criticism was that it could take a while to get served in the bar as, while there were plenty of waiters, there were not enough barmen to make the drinks.
It was a really relaxed stay. A great start to our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Winchester Mansions is an iconic building on the seafront in Cape Town within close proximity to the V&A Waterfront and Cape Town International Airport. Free shuttle service to the Waterfront, free wifi internet access in public areas are standard. This landmark hotel offers classic elegant rooms, many boasting stunning sea views. Facilities include a heated pool, relaxing treatments in the Ginkgo Spa, signature dishes from award winning Harveys Restaurant & Bar as well as full service conferencing. Cape Town's most famous and longest running Jazz brunch is hosted at Winchester Mansions every Sunday of the year. The monthly Grapes, Gourmet and Gallery evenings draw large numbers of food & wine lovers and art aficionados. Winchester Mansions - Part of the Journey ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Winchester Mansions reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Winchester Mansions Hotel Cape Town Central
- Winchester Mansions Cape Town, South Africa