“A home away from home”

Ranked #69 of 109 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Australia
“A home away from home”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This accommodation is location is perfect. Walking distance to all the great restaurants, shops and grocery stores. I call it a home away from home because its an apartment and other residence live there as well. Its in a nice safe location too. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They catered to all my needs including taking care of my phobias......
I would definitely stay there again. I wont be able to comment on the price of this accommodation as I am a member of an exclusive VIP travel club and I get really special rates :-)
Security is excellent and that was very important to me. I felt very safe staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WaterfrontVillage, Manager at Waterfront Village, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear MissJewel

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt safe and looked after.

We do hope to be your hosts again in the near future.

Kind regards
Johadrie de Villiers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Turkish first
Spring, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed 4 nights in Pembroke B. The room was fantastic, overlooking the harbor and with all the necessary amenities for a home away from home. The location was close enough to the waterfront for activities, restaurants, shopping and excursions while being far enough away to avoid the noise. We saw harbor seals relaxing in the water and sunning on the docks. We would cook breakfast at the room and go out for lunch and dinner. The waterfront is easy walking distance and several grocery stores are nearby to stock up on staples. Be warned, alcohol sales cease at 6PM so stock up early if you want a bottle of wine for the evening! Overall well appointed, clean and convenient. Wifi was offered for a fee in the room but free in the lobby.

Stayed December 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Perfectly positioned apartments just a short walk from the many shops and attractions on the Waterfront. We stayed three nights in a 5th floor 2 bed apartment (Ellesmere) in December 2013 and then booked another night as the final night of our three week trip around SA in January 2014. Housekeeping was good and kitchens are well appointed. The Internet didn't work well on our first stay but the wifi charge was refunded in full. The second time we stayed, we were given a ground floor room (Banockburn) with no A/C which wasn't a problem as the weather had turned and wasn't so hot. However, if you are staying for more than a night during summer months, then request an apartment with A/C!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
brisbane
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed here as a solo traveller and felt totally safe. It's in a gorgeous location and the apartments are spacious, clean and comfortable, with all the mod cons. Great view over the "fake" river that surrounds the buildings too. I got a cheap deal through AGODA so I thought it was amazing value for money (50% off). I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
WaterfrontVillage, Manager at Waterfront Village, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. We always strive to offer the best possible service and value for money to all our guests. We do hope to be your hosts again on a future visit to Cape Town.

Kind regards
Johadrie de Villiers
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The appartment was excellent & secure, with good parking and handy small swimming pools. You can feel a little isolated there though; firstly the reception is in a separate building and secondly the complex has no cafe or bar or shop. So you need to walk to a nearby hotel or the centre of the waterfront area to get a drink or breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hitchin, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

These apartments are about 300 yards from the V & A Waterfront and are excellent! The folk in reception were very helpful not only with showing me where to park my hire car but also suggesting that I book on line if I wanted to go up Table Mountain - detail stuff maybe but extremely beneficial for someone who was new in town.
Access to the apartments was via a proximity card so security was very good, not that I was in the least bit concerned about this. At reception they will also arrange trips for you, like Wine Tours etc.
I will certainly use them again the next time I visit Cape Town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MarcKenya
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had become a bit concerned after reading one or two comments on here, but having returned from my stay at waterfront village I have nothing but praise. The staff were all very polite and helpful throughout my stay and the accommodation itself was excellent. The apartment was a good size and spotlessly clean, with a sizeable balcony looking out on to the marina. Security is extremely good and you feel very safe whilst staying here.
The only minor problem I had was with internet access not working for the first couple of days, but this was eventually sorted out and staff did offer alternatives until it was.
I'm already looking forward to my next stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo