I did not read any reviews prior to our trip - and now seeing them I agree with many comments. Satisfaction seems to be highly dependent on the apartment you get. Ours was not nearly as nice as expected given the price. We had a 1 bedroom that needed to be refurbished, or had been cheaply constructed: bedroom and bathrooms were worn, kitchen was fine. Two of the patio chairs were broken, but propped up, ready for you to sit on them and fall down.
Security was absolutely fine - I always felt safe. Parking was easy. The location was good for walking over to the waterfront, but not much else. The waterfront is also super touristy, so recommend looking to stay somewhere else if you want to soak up a more local scene.
Cleaning Service: Yes, this is not hotel service - except was still inadequate. We showed up and the bed had been half changed, and they would take away towels to get cleaned and not replace them - so we spent half the time without either hand towels or a bathmat and one of our pillows never got a pillowcase.
Tip: call for a taxi 45 minutes before you need them to show up (though this may have been bc of the holiday season) and confirm with the front desk (you can call them and ask them to get you a cab) that security is to call you when the taxi arrives. The front desk was a little slow but was helpful, you just had to be persistent to get a response. I think it was bc they were really busy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront Village, situated on the water’s edge in the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, next to the Cape Grace Hotel and One&Only, offers guests Standard, Luxury and Deluxe apartments offering superior services and facilities. Guests are spoilt for choice with our selection of one to three bedroom apartments, providing a wide selection of accommodation that will suit their individual requirements. Guests will enjoy access to our on-site reception, swimming pools and gym. An abundance of shops and restaurants are available within walking distance. Crafted around tranquil waterways the inspired architecture maximises the panoramic views, creating international desirability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Waterfront Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- Waterfront Village Cape Town, South Africa