Simply, DO NOT think about staying here!
We have stayed here 2 summers in a row expecting 5 star self catering accomodation as advertised however, the service has downgraded year by year.
The first visit: we booked an apartment (3-bedroom penthouse) 2 months in advance and paid the full amount before arriving. When we arrived after a 15 hour flight, the representative took us another building claiming it was the same one we booked even though we had our confirmation papers in our hands. They should have informed us before leaving our country! There was no value for money in terms of the new apartment we recieved. One bathroom was very smelly, the beds were too mall and the heating system did not work well. The cutlery was rusted and there were a lot of ants in the apartment.
The second visit: after a 15 hour flight to Cape Town and hoping the service had improved:
(1) we arrived and had to wait nearly 1 hour for our apartment (3-bedroom penthouse) to be cleaned by housekeeping.
(2) The master bathroom had a pipe leakage and was under maintenance upon arrival.
(3) The security system went off every 5 - 10 minutes and kept ticking all night. We could not sleep from the annoying noise. We called reception and they kept on sending security individuals who did not know anything about the system. They ended up cutting the wires off instead of fixing it.
(4) The electricity went off 5 times during our 2 week stay. It went off at 5:00am once and we kept on calling reception however, there was no quick answer in such an emergency.
(5) There was no tissuer for 3 days as the supplier did not make a timely delivery.
(6) Everytime it would rain, a bathroom would leak and flood the whole place. No one came to fix it.
(7) The heating system at the top of the penthouse did not work.
Overall, the service is extremely poor, very slow and this accomodation should be changed from a 5 star to a 1 star self catering accomodation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterfront Village, situated on the water’s edge in the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, next to the Cape Grace Hotel and One&Only, offers guests Standard, Luxury and Deluxe apartments offering superior services and facilities. Guests are spoilt for choice with our selection of one to three bedroom apartments, providing a wide selection of accommodation that will suit their individual requirements. Guests will enjoy access to our on-site reception, swimming pools and gym. An abundance of shops and restaurants are available within walking distance. Crafted around tranquil waterways the inspired architecture maximises the panoramic views, creating international desirability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Waterfront Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterfront Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- Waterfront Village Cape Town, South Africa