I am a Cape Town local, and I chose the V&A simply to have a celebratory night away from home. It was great -- the hotel is wonderful, the staff are friendly, there are many excellent dining options, and staying at the waterfront was really fun (complete with a sunrise mountain view in the morning!). We chose an attic room, and the sloped ceilings and tilt-to-open windows added good character.
The only complaint I have is that when we parked, the attendant ripped off a small piece of paper from the ticket and tossed it to the ground. We noticed that he did this with the car before us, and I was able to pick up the piece from our ticket before it blew away. If anyone from the hotel reads these reviews, please encourage your staff to not litter!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.Framed by the ocean and Table Mountain, the elegance and luxury of the Victoria & Alfred Hotel is rivaled only by its relaxed atmosphere and warm personal service.With 94 spacious bedrooms - It’s the detail that gives the Victoria & Alfred Hotel its elegance, intimacy, romance and reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Victoria & Alfred Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Alfred Cape Town
- Victoria & Alfred Hotel Cape Town, South Africa