V&A Hotel on the waterfront is a terrific choice if you are a tourist in Cape Town. The city seems more like California's Monterey Peninsula than Africa, and the waterfront is newly developed and beautiful. The V&A is in the middle of the waterfront development, with spectacular views of the water and of Table Mountain behind the city. It is fairly new, modern and very upscale. The staff is uniformly friendly and helpful (like almost everyone we met in South Africa), the rooms are modern and comfortable, and the restaurant is very good. There are also many food and shopping options immediately outside the door, as well as the boat terminal for Robben Island tours (highly recommended). Cape Town is a fabulous place and everyone in our group of 14 loved the city and the hotel. We would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.Framed by the ocean and Table Mountain, the elegance and luxury of the Victoria & Alfred Hotel is rivaled only by its relaxed atmosphere and warm personal service.With 94 spacious bedrooms - It’s the detail that gives the Victoria & Alfred Hotel its elegance, intimacy, romance and reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Priceline, South African Hotels, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Victoria & Alfred Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Alfred Cape Town
- Victoria & Alfred Hotel Cape Town, South Africa