We stayed at the V&A for 7 nights from 28 Sep to 5 October. We thought it was a perfect location, particularly for people like us who have not been to the city before. You have lots of restaurants, shops, ATMs on your doorstep, plus boat trips, trip to Robbens Island and City Tour bus all leave from there. Its very safe and so lovely to just walk out the door and be in a restaurant in 2 minutes. There is regular street entertainment which adds to the atmosphere.
The hotel itself is very nice. The rooms are quite large and very comfortable, with views of either the piazza or the mountain. Personally I was glad we did not pay the extra for the mountain view room as you have plenty of opportunities to admire the view from the breakfast terrace (fab!) and all around the Waterfront. One of our favourite memories of our trip was enjoying breakfast outside on the terrace admiring the mountain and its tablecloth!
The staff are very efficient - one night we smelled burning in our room, which turned out to be a minor problem with the a/c unit. The duty manager was up to see us within 2 minutes and we were treated to a free drink in the bar while they sorted out the smell.
There is also free parking and easy access to the motorways so you are perfectly placed for touring around.
(However, make sure you see more of Cape Town than just the Waterfront! We moved on to Camps Bay in the 2nd week.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury hotel is perfectly situated in the heart of the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.Framed by the ocean and Table Mountain, the elegance and luxury of the Victoria & Alfred Hotel is rivaled only by its relaxed atmosphere and warm personal service.With 94 spacious bedrooms - It’s the detail that gives the Victoria & Alfred Hotel its elegance, intimacy, romance and reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Victoria & Alfred Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Alfred Cape Town
- Victoria & Alfred Hotel Cape Town, South Africa