My mother and I stayed from 24th Jan until 28th and had a wonderful time.
The staff on the whole are superb - so friendly and helpful...esp the concierge, the bar staff and the chaps who push the lift buttons! Reception and breakfast staff a little slow at times but all very pleasant.
The room was absolutely fine...a decent size, comfortable beds, nice bathroom etc.
Breakfast was very tasty...wide choice of fruit, pasties, cooked food. They will cook the eggs in front of you to order.
Loved Cape Town - the V&A Waterfront is about 3 mins on foot and such a lovely area...loads of nice restaurants (esp recommend the Belgian one) and bars. Also some good craft and clothes shops.
If you fancy going for a dance, we went to Hemishere which we both enjoyed (a 26 yr old and a 50-something yr old). It is on Long Street - a cab takes no time at all.
We did some excursions...half day cape/peninsular tour, hop on/hop off bus, Robben Island. All were very enjoyable.
The hotel has free internet which was an added bonus for me staying in touch with my partner back home.
Please drop me a message if you have any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa