This hotel stay was due to a business trip in Cape Town and the surrounding area. The check-in on arrival was very efficient and the hotel colleague was friendly and happy to answer my barrage of questions! The room was adequately equipped with a very comfortable bed and furniture, although spotlessly clean, was looking a bit dated. The entire hotel could do with refreshing. My room looked out onto the central courtyard, offering a direct view into other people's hotel rooms - so be careful and draw your curtains at night!
Truly good food and very fast and efficient room service
Very friendly and polite staff
Good internet connection via Wi-Fi
Not so good points:
After paying the bill, the receptionist entered my credit card details into her computer claiming that it was for 'card identification' purposes in the event of any queries in the future. This was silly way of telling me she wanted the card details to bill me if anything happened after checking out.
All in all, I would probably stay in this hotel again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa