Recently we spent a few days in Cape Town for the Cape Argus Cycle Challenge. This was our third time for the cycle race and also the third time at the Commodore Hotel. Each visit has been really great but this time the Commodore really stood out for us! My uncle was entered in the race for the first time and although he lives in the Cape and didn't stay at the Hotel the staff went out of their way to make his first Argus special. My uncle is blind and rode the race with a friend on a tandem!
Not only did the Staff help us store his tandem until the race on Sunday but they had an early breakfast setting for the cyclists and had no problem with us bringing the family and supporters in at 4am to join us for a very early breakfast. Once the cyclists had gone off to the start the rest of us were made to feel very welcome in the lounge where we were provided with an endless supply of tea and coffee. The staff was amazing with their caring and encouragement.
Once my uncle and his friend had completed the race they came back to the Commodore for a shower and celebratory drinks! Where the manager came and congratulated my uncle on his race personally.
As a hotel the Commodore is very well situated, close to the V & A Waterfront. There are an abundance of things to do and see within walking distance. If you are wanting to go further a field the Concierge is more than willing to assist you with your arrangements. You are always welcomed with a smile and the porters are friendly and efficient whether it be fetching your car or getting the lift. The restaurant is well set up and the food is tasty and well presented. The rooms are very comfortable and we have always had enough space for my hubbies bike without feeling cramped.
All in all I would recommend the Commodore without reservation to anyone visiting Cape Town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa