I spent one night at the Commodore while on a business trip. It was an excellent stay after very long overseas flight. The hotel is a bit dated but well maintained and elegantly decorated. It is very quiet; I slept well and heard no noise from adjoining rooms or hallways. The staff were professional and very pleasant...every last one of them. They even laughed at my jokes!
The food in the restaurant was good. The service was excellent. Room service was very fast, much faster than average. The breakfast buffet was delicious and there was a wide array to choose from; definitely a better than average breakfast buffet.
It was the professional and very helpful attitude of the hotel staff that made the biggest impression on me. I will definitely return to the Commodore when in Cape town again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa