Stayed for a couple of weeks on business although this is more a tourist hotel with many groups moving in and out during my stay, sometimes at strange times. The soundproofing of the bedroom doors is not great and there could be a lot of noise from down the corridor. It would also help if the bedroom doors closed properly rather than having to be slammed shut.
The hotel is well located within easy walking distance of the Waterfront with its myriad restaurants, shops etc and of the promenade by the sea. You would need a taxi if you wished to go much further. The overall area is pretty safe.
The staff were very friendly and always helpful. However, some of house keeping staff seemed to ignore the hotel's encouragement to guests to protect the environment. More than once I returned from a day's work to find the bedroom window open (as I left it) and the air-conditioning on (which I had left switched off).
As others have commented the buffet breakfast is excellent and a very good way to start the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa