Although the decor is dull and dated, this hotel is good value for money - very clean room, very comfortable bed, strong shower in bathroom, quiet at night. Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of good quality food, but horrible coffee. The staff were all friendly, helpful and polite - although the travel desk person wasn't very interested in giving me walking directions to the city centre, which turned out to be a much longer walk than the 15 minutes they suggested it would be. The location near the waterfront means you are a few minutes away from restaurants, shops, tour buses, boat trips etc. As a single older lady traveller I had no problems walking back to the hotel from the waterfront at night. I haven't stayed at other Cape Town hotels, but this one is a good value and comfortable base for sightseeing and business meetings. I stayed in Spetember so can't comment on the pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa