My latest stay was for nearly a week; again on my own, on business. I actually really enjoyed it this time. Maybe it's because September is off-season; the hotel's quieter and there's no need to use the deafening aircon. I'm also pretty sure I got a bigger room.
My longer stay also meant I got a bit more engaged with the hotel; trying the restaurant for dinner, the bar in the evening and the gym. All were good and the bar/restaurant/minibar prices are sensible.
By and large I'd stick by my previous review. However, whilst the physical aspects of the hotel infrastructure are underwhelming, there are plenty of people here doing a great job at making your stay enjoyable. The housekeeping's excellent, the bar/restaurant staff are cheerful and it's impossible to walk through the lobby without being wished good morning/afternoon. Oh, and free WiFi too - a bigs thumbs up for Legacy for living in the 21st century.
I think I'm starting to really like the Commodore. It might not be the best hotel in Cape Town, but I'd be surprised if there are many that are better value. I'm certainly going to stick with it for now.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the Victoria & Alfred waterfront; panoramic views of Table Mountain & the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your The Commodore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Commodore Hotel Cape Town Central
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
- The Commodore Cape Town, South Africa