7 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$207
Priceline$209
getaroom.com$241
2,554 results
All reviews business class room sea facing room hourly shuttle infinity pool standard room table mountain robben island concierge desk shuttle service business trip mini bar water front our honeymoon south africa waterfront seagulls sundowners
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed July 6, 2019 via mobile

We booked this hotel because of the location and views, but never again.

On our arrival we struggled with our luggage in the rain and carried everything inside while the staff was nice and cosy. While checking in, the lady made a remark about me using Hotels.com and that our visit is paid upfront, but not in a good way. She then requested my identification and then later my wife’s identification (which I found strange), was always just one persons identification needed. She then asked me then if we will be using the minibar, because if we do, I will need to give her my credit card details. I told her that we are not planning on using it, but if there is any extras on my room, I will settle the bill on check out. She declined and said without my credit card details the minibar will stayed locked (I assumed it was locked electronically). I had no problem as we don’t need anything from the minibar.

Once we arrived in our room, she sends immediately a person with a key to come and lock our minibar in the room, in front of us. THIS JUST MADE US FELT WELCOME AND APPRECIATED!!! My children then asked me what is happening now? I told them that the hotel is locking the fridge for us. They were confused as we have NEVER experienced this anywhere before. This is a first for us and I started to wonder what must have happened that a hotel will use such extreme methods to prevent theft from their customers. My only conclusion was that there must be a lot of criminals staying here.

Nevertheless, my kids kept on asking what are they allowed to use and do throughout our stay.

Another thing, the noise in this hotel is unbearable. Doors slamming throughout the night and cleaners vacuuming the carpets at 01:00am. We had to switch on the air conditioner, in the middle of the winter, to block the noise and never heard the waves crashing again.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
ClintonThom, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2019

Dear cilliersv2017,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We wish to sincerely apologise for leaving you and your family feeling unwelcomed and unappreciated. This is definitely not what we strive to achieve with our valued guests.
One of our key priorities is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. I am very sorry to learn that although our front desk staff followed procedure, it did not quite meet your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our ARRIVAL/CHECK-OUT EXPERIENCE.
Thank you for being OUR VALUED GUEST and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to the "Mother City".

Reviewed July 6, 2019

Awesome value and best setting in SA. Great that you are out of Waterfront but next to it. On the promenade. Best setting and the bad weather was actually welcomed. Only the Oyster Box on this level. Cape Grace has long given up on South Africans and focusing on tourists

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear 868ianss,

Thank you for your AWESOME review and top score! We usually boast having THE best location and view in Cape Town. With a view of both sunrise and sunset from our terrace, I can think of no better way to start my morning and end my day. Please come again to enjoy all the magic our beautiful property has to offer.

Until then....

Reviewed July 3, 2019

Beautiful property,Amazing location,friendly staff, good breakfast, well stocked bar, large rooms, very close to V&A waterfront, shuttle service to V&A available from hotel,A.J mixologist is very friendly and professional

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ClintonThom, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Dear Mayank M,

Thank you for your fantastic review and rating of our hotel. AJ is our award-winning mixologist....alchemy is in his blood and he can mix up any magical potion your heart desires!

Please come again to enjoy all the magic our gorgeous property has to offer.

Until then....

Reviewed July 3, 2019

Stayed 2 nights in this room. Awesome view of table mountain and sea from our room.. Room was clean and staffs are friendly.
Breakfast option can be improved. Those having breakfast at the sea side beware of the sea gulls. :-)

Date of stay: June 2019

Dear Pari2181,

Thank you for your wonderful rating of your experience at our gorgeous hotel! While I really wish you had a better breakfast experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

I have shared your feedback with our team and would like to assure you that your concerns have certainly been addressed.
In case there is anything further I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Reviewed July 2, 2019

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in December. It was in the perfect location, walking distance from the Waterfront Mall and a few minutes taxi drive to the main attractions. The staff were very friendly, often sharing tips on where to go whilst in the city. The reception staff were swift with check in and even upgraded our room, which was a nice treat.

The rooms were spacious, great closet space, well equipped (with a fully stocked fridge, kettle with complimentary teas, iron board etc). The beds were comfortable and huge.
We had a great big balcony with wonderful views of the ocean.

The breakfast is really good and there are loads of options, from continental to a full hot breakfast.

The restaurant serves great food during lunch and dinner, which is a standard in Cape Town.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting Cape Town.

Room tip: 1st-floor executive room in the corner with views of the ocean
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
ClintonThom, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2019

Dear LolsUK,

What a perfect review and score, thank you very much! I am thrilled that your stay with us was such a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you back again whenever your travels bring you to the "Mother City" /\/"""""""""\/.

Until then......