11 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$207
Priceline$209
getaroom.com$241
2,554 results
All reviews business class room sea facing room hourly shuttle infinity pool standard room table mountain robben island concierge desk shuttle service business trip mini bar water front our honeymoon south africa waterfront seagulls sundowners
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed January 29, 2019

We had a very average experience at this hotel a couple of nights ago which was a bit disappointing as we expected a 5-star experience for what we were paying. We paid R3500 and got a stunning view of the harbour which was excellent! The room was also clean and we enjoyed the balcony.

The service was a bit poor; we asked for something up to our room twice which never came, there were no waiters down at the pool.
There was also a private "pool party" which I found a bit tacky as the pool is tiny and considering there are hundreds of guests in the hotel they should have priority. Due to the pool party there was no room really in the pool and not much sitting room at all for guests.
The breakfast was good and the concierge was very friendly and helpful. This hotel would be wonderful if the rate was much much less in our opinion. We have paid 1/3 for much more stunning B&B's so far on this trip. Plus in our B&B's we get a full kitchen and a lot of other great amenities and views depending on budget.

I do not think we will stay at Radisson again in the future, and will continue to go with more locally owned accommodation on our travels supporting them instead as we usually do :).

Room tip: ask for a room with a harbour view!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank rrdufort
ClintonThom, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2019

Dear rrdufort,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us.
While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case, we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our very best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

The pool was open to a public function and as a hotel guest was unable to get a pool chair. Also took over an hour to order coffee to our room in the am. Management does not seem to care about the lack of customer service. Not worth the price of the room in our opinion. Hotel is very clean on a good note.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank WPGJamie

Dear WPGJamie,

Thank you for submitting a review. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. I have shared your feedback with the team and would like to assure you that your concerns are currently being addressed.

In case there is anything further I may assist you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it had a lovely view over the ocean.
Unfortunately we did not realise, until we had arrived, that our travel agent had booked us a double room, which turned out to be a standard room. The room is a very good size, as is the bathroom.
Unfortunately our room was at the back of the hotel overlooking the arrivals area, so our view was that of vehicles coming and going and not of the ocean. Also there was no balcony area to use even if I had wanted to sit and watch vehicles coming and going, as I didn’t.
Our friends had a room on the side of the building overlooking next door’s car park.
So a lesson learned here for me, to check details before travelling.
Otherwise, the staff are very attentive. The breakfast selection was very good. The dim sum and prawn curry in the restaurant were delicious.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank lewes2012

Dear lewes2012,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I would like to apologise for the disappointment you've experienced in the room that was booked for you. As you can imagine, the sea-facing rooms are always the sought-after ones, but we really have the best of both worlds on offer - the amazing ocean view and our stunning iconic Table Mountain and world renown stadium.
We look forward to welcoming you back here again, to enjoy an ocean view room and all that we have to offer.

Until then....

Sunny regards,

Reviewed January 25, 2019

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
ClintonThom, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2019

Reviewed January 23, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights . My partner is a gold card Radisson holder .

The room was very nice and could not be faulted - great views and lovely bedsheets .

The breakfast was good , service rather haphazard but good fresh buffet .

Dining at night has a very limited menu , there is absolutely no ambience or comfort in the dining area . Really needs improvement .

When we arrived at the hotel at lunchtime we both shared a chicken wrap and had Vanilla milk shakes . They were the only two items that we both had to eat over the course of the previous 48 hrs which were the same . That night we both have dreadful cramps and bowel disruption . This continued for two days . I spoke with the front desk and they asked the chef to call me . He did and stated he had checked the chicken and was satisfied it was not contaminated . I asked about the milk shakes and he couldn’t comment . He advised he would look into it but I heard nothing further .

Despite both of us being unwell for our last two days of the holiday in Capetown not one person from the hotel followed up or asked if they could assist us in any way . The contrary - utter silence . I had to cancel two dinners with friends and activities .

The manager seemed surprised when we raised concerned when we checked out . He reduced our bill for the upgrade on room which as gold card holder one can get free if there is availability. Interesting that this is what the loss of two days precious holidays equates to in managements view .

The small disclaimer in the room is quite ominous also ....

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank lmca_31
ClintonThom, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2019

Dear 441lornman,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We wish to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.
While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.