Stayed here in Feb 2013 with my Dad. The hotel was our base for seeing the greater Cape Town attractions before heading north to Sabi Sands. The location is scenic, quiet and a convenient 10 min walk to the waterfront area shops and restaurants.
We very much enjoyed the common areas of the hotel :
- the pool area. Nice area to lounge and have a drink. Dad enjoyed the pool overlooking the ocean.
- Breakfast/Dinner outdoor patio - Great place to have breakfast and dinner. Quality of the food was very good for both. Service was always good for breakfast. Dinner was sometimes slow.
The room had a great view overlooking the ocean. We did have a problem when arriving late on check-in . All rooms were apparently booked and the only one left had a water leakage problem in the bathroom. They offered to move us for one night to a nearby hotel but we were too tired after the long flights from the US. They apologized repeatedly and gave us a deep discount for the night and moved all of our things to a new room the morning for the rest of our stay. We appreciated the way this was handled. No room problems for the rest of our stay - clean and comfortable.
Other pros are the free internet and the great service we received from the front desk while making other reservations and taxi/car plans.
I would definitely stay here on a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located on the glittering azure waterfront of Cape Town, the hotel has the majesty of the legendary Table Mountain soaring behind it and every shopping and eatery delight beside it. It’s also a heartbeat away from Cape Town’s pulsing business centre, an easy stroll (or complimentary shuttle) to the famous Victoria & Alfred Waterfront with its myriad of world-class shops, restaurants, cinemas and colourful working harbour, or a short hop to Africa’s most beautiful beaches and the call of our lush and ancient winelands beyond. The state-of-the-art Cape Town International Convention Centre is a mere 5 minutes away.The Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront provides the finest service, setting and comfort making your stay always one to remember and certainly one to repeat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Rezidor, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Cape Town
- Cape Town Radisson
- Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town South Africa