“Nice location. Average service but not a bad place to stay.”

Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town
Ranked #31 of 110 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights. This hotel is located quite near the V&A Waterfront and if u can get a sea view room it is quite good value. The first room I got booked in looked quite average and the plug does not work so I have to switch room because that means I can not charge my phone etc.They changed me to a room with sea view which was very nice of them. The room is not very big but serves the purpose.For the price I paid I have to say I'm satisfied, however this is not really a 5 star hotel type. It is also near sea point so if u like stay by the sea and see the city center side this is not a bad choice.

• Stayed: May 2012
Michael R, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear YiS,

Thank you for taking the time to deliver your comments.

We value your feedback and this has been noted accordingly. We are however pleased to hear that you were happy with your upgrade and that for the price you paid, you were satisfied.

I would like to discuss a few items with you directly so if you wish to have further feedback please could you e mail on Marcel.eichenberger@radissonblu.com

Marcel Eichenberger
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER

Reviewed April 13, 2013

If I had stayed at one of the seafront rooms I am sure my review would have been a 4 or 5 star review.

However, as it is, I paid £240 for a room, without breakfast (!), that had absolutely no view. In fact, the way the hotel is constructed, if you are not looking over the sea, odds are you RIGHT above the parking lot or the entrance. Most hotels set the rooms a bit back from such high noise areas, but not this one. And since there are only about 5/6 floors, you are very close to the noise from the road, parking lot and entrance.

One night there was music being blasted... from the hotel's own van!

I would only stay in this hotel if I got a sea view, otherwise it is really not worth it. You are paying a lot for access to the outdoor facilities, but if that is all you want then find cheaper guest houses.

If you are here for business and not using the outside there are less pricey options that are less noisy if you don't have a seaview.

The hotel is spotless, the staff friendly, food nice, and the outside area is nice (though pool side service is pretty sketchy).

Again I asked the staff if they get the tip if I put it on the bill and they said no. I have heard this at every Rezidor Hotel I have stayed in in Africa - shame on you. I asked the same question of the waiter at the One and Only and he said they DO get the tip. I know where I would prefer to work...

Room Tip: Chose high up seaview
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Michael R, Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear SlartibarfastLondon,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to deliver your comments.

We appreciate and welcome your constructive feedback, this has been noted accordingly. We are happy to hear that your expectations were met regarding the cleanliness of our hotel, our friendly staff and quality food.

Our sea facing business class rooms, is indeed the highlight of our hotel with the beautiful view and ideal location.

Furthermore we can assure you that our waitrons do receive all tips owing to them that’s included on the bills, so I am unsure as to why our waitrons would make such a statement I will talk to my team to see why they would say this

We trust that this will not deter you from visiting our property as we look forward to welcoming you back when next your travels bring you to Cape Town.

Best regards

Marcel Eichenberger
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stayed there for 3 nights with my husband and 1 year old baby. We loved this hotel. The rooms are spacious, with a separate lounge area. Beautifully appointed bathrooms. Great location, walking distance to the VA Waterfront. Our room had great views over the harbour. The hotel offers a big breakfast spread, free wifi, helpful business centre, helpful staff etc. The bathrobes and slippers, daily newspaper were a real treat

It is a five star hotel so I guess it is to be expected that everything would be top notch. Worth it.

Room Tip: Sea / harbour facing rooms are great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Michael R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Batsamai,

Thank you very much for taking the time to deliver your comments. What a pleasure it is to receive such wonderful feedback!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back when next your travels bring you to Cape Town!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The location is unparalleled with ocean front on two sides, views of Table Mountain and the soccer stadium. We had a terrific meal on the patio with a great jazz trio playing. The staff were truly welcoming. Too bad about the room. With all the hotel had going for it, we were assigned a room that managed to have no view and a tattered curtain. Travelling with my sibling, we had asked for separate beds, but they were pushed together. When we asked for another room, we were told no, but they would fix the beds while we were out for dinner and they did the turndown service. That didn't happen, and we had to call housekeeping late at night when we were exhausted and had wanted nothing more than to fall into a comfortable bed. The room also was near the atrium overlooking the ballroom space, and some event that evening was very loud, which made the room even less desirable. We had booked the room using our loyalty program points - thanks for valuing your customers, folks.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Michael R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear BigSkyRed,

Thank you for taking the time to deliver your comments.

We are both thrilled and wearied at the receipt of your feedback but are happy to learn that you have enjoyed our hospitality in as far as our staff’s welcome, food and entertainment are concerned.
However, thank you for highlighting the condition of the curtain in your room, as we realize that only through constructive criticism are we given an opportunity to improve where we are found to be wanting.
I am happy to confirm with you that we are in the process of replacing all curtains in our Standard Rooms and we look forward the successful rollout and completion thereof.

With regard to the beds, I do apologize for this not being done as per your request. This is most certainly not our standard and I will ensure we address the issue so that it does not happen again.

In the light of the afore-mentioned, please accept our thanks and appreciation for your feedback and our sincerest apology for what you have experienced.

Being a Club Carlson member I can assure you that you are a valued customer and we will be certain to not have these issues reoccur.

We trust that this will not deter you from visiting our property and that we will again have the privilege of hosting you in the near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Simple and to the point. If you are heading to Capetown, do not hesitate to use this hotel. The hotel has a great location, great staff, excellent food, and a super patio overlooking the water, to enjoy a drink.
If I were being a little picky, my one complaint/observation would be that sometimes it takes a little too long to get served when on the patio.
Breakfast and dinner were very good, and the chefs were very accommodating.
The hotel is strongly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Michael R, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront, Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear no818528,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your comments. We appreciate receiving such positive feedback of your stay. In addition, we would also like to welcome the information with regard to your observation to the time it took to be served on the patio. This has been noted and constructively addressed with the department concerned so thank you very much for bringing this to our notice.

We look forward to welcoming you back when next your travels bring you to Cape Town!

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

With the awesome buffet breakfast accompanied by the unbeatable view, The hotel is a great jumping off point to explore all that Cape Town has to offer. It iis about a 7 minute walk to the V&A water front. Be sure to make time to enjoy the spa!

Room Tip: If you're in a standard room, ask for a corner room and you might get a limited water view.

Dear Betty_Boop_999,

Thank you for a very short but sweet response! Your feedback is appreciated, so thank you very much for taking the time to let us have your comments.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 7, 2013

A two night stay at the 5 star Radisson Blu was what you would expect from a international hotel chain. It was clean, tidy and a great location within a stroll of the Cape Town Waterfront attractions. The service was pretty good and they did a great chicken curry. Overall a good stay but after the two safari camps it was a little impersonal - a bit like being on a business trip.

Room Tip: The Radisson seemed to lack a personality but it is a great place to have drink at sunset on the te...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Stephan O,

Thank you for taking the time to deliver your comments and sharing your positive experience with us and other viewers.

A further sincere thank you for the positive comments on our hotel, location and service.
We look forward to welcoming you back when next your travels bring you to Cape Town.

Best regards