Tripadvisor
Cape Town Central
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews green market square greenmarket square long street central location rooftop pool bar fridge special thanks reception staff every morning table mountain hop on hop off bus stop the general manager family room company gardens comfortable room buffet breakfast checking in
Selected filters
Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

We stopped at this hotel in 2005 & enjoyed it so when a return visit to Cape Town was planned it was our immediate choice, however it never achieved the previous standards.

The first thing to mention is the refugee issue by the church, this makes the use of the outside terrace uncomfortable and therefore we decided to eat & drink elsewhere most of the time. I would also add that I was approached a number of times whilst waiting for a taxi but the security at the hotel was good and this never amounted to anything although it was quite obvious that the visitors to the market are down as a result of this issue.

The hotel used to have a good bar with a great wine selection but not anymore in fact they didn’t have much stock of anything & it closes at 11pm.

There used to be a fantastic steak restaurant there as well but again what’s there now is poor by comparison.

I have no issues with the rooms as they are perfectly functional although I did have to ask the cleaner for drinking water as it wasn’t replaced on one occasion.

In conclusion I won’t be staying at this hotel again which is a shame as I do like the location as it’s it works well as a base but they need to resolve the refugee issue and try to get the hotel back to where is was in 2005.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
MynhardtD3, General Manager at ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Dear paul14hc

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay even though there were minor issues like water replenishment.

I will focus on a wider variety of wine availability and I am glad to announce that we are currently launching a new a la carte menu. The liquor license is under review in order to change the closing time to later, but for now we have to be compliant with the National Liquor Licence Act.

For the refugees: It is a pity that you decided to mark ONOMO Hotel down for the lack of service delivery from National Government. If the situation was management controllable it would have been resolved long time ago.

Keep travelling safely.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

This was another enjoyable stay at the Onomo despite the challenges the hotel - and area - face with the Refugees camping on the square. They essentially kept to themselves and there is security at the hotel - and around, however it was noticeable from my visit in January 2019 that the numbers in Long Street and the area had dropped. Perhaps fewer travelers or perhaps concern about the area which is a pity especially for the Greenmarket Square Traders who work so hard and the restaurants didn't seem to be buzzing like in January.

We were warmly greeted by the super staff, with the new addition of a quick welcome massage at reception (the best way to start a holiday) - and full time spa facilities at the roof pool (or in the rooms I believe).

We had a couple of internal challenges including the aircon and the hotel moved us. Granted the new virtually identical room had a strangely smaller bathroom (tight to maneuver in) but it did not spoil our stay. We also got the bar fridge we asked for - old but served its purpose.

And the hotels access to the Hop On/Off Bus remains a huge drawcard for us.

Thanks for another successful visit!

Room tip: The view over Greenmarket Square was super and the double windows block out the majority of the noise.
1  Thank GillianJhb

Dear Gillian

Thank you for your return visit and business. We are truly blessed that you returned and had another great stay at ONOMO Hotel.

We will have a solution to the problem outside soon.

May you all continue to travel safe and safe returns

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

The staff was helpful and sufficient and the prices for the drinks was reasonable. The food was good, fresh and so delicious, I would recommend the hotel as the outside space on the deck create a good ambiance for chilling and enjoying food and drinks.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Mishell S
MynhardtD3, General Manager at ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear Mishell2018

Thank you so much for your positive review. We are truly grateful for your kind words and I, as always, share the guest feedback in order for all of them to understand best guest service.

May you have a successful 2020.

Please feel free to come and visit very soon

Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

My experience at Onomo hotel in Cape Town was the best. From the manager to the last person cleaning the floor made my experience outstanding. Thumbs up to Onomo in Cape Town. Keep it up. I will definitely recomend your outstanding service to my friends and family. Regards BRADLEY JOHNSON

Trip type: Traveled with friends
MynhardtD3, General Manager at ONOMO Hotel Cape Town - Inn On The Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2020

Dear Mr Bradley Johnson

I am truly grateful that we could form part of your 2019 successful ending with a great stay at ONOMO Hotels.

Please keep on being an ambassador for our hotel and the ONOMO Brand.

Keep travelling, be blessed in 2020.

Reviewed January 1, 2020

Our 3 day stay was a pleasant experience,staff members were very friendly ,welcoming and professional ! Rooms were very clean
The location of the hotel made it easy for us to visit places like the table Mountain,camps bay beach ,the signal hill and waterfront!!!!
To the front desk team ...,you rock guys Todd ,Patrick,Lerato and Fungai!!!!!!!!!
I will be definitely coming back again

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Lesleymoyo83

Great to hear that you had a great start to 2020 and we could finish off 2019 with a bang!

We wish to welcome you back very soon.

Travel safe and we wish you all the best for this year.

Be blessed and travel safely