We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of the Ultimate Africa trip with Overseas Adventure Travel. We like African craft markets so enjoyed being able to stroll through the one right outside the front door. We were on the second floor and could not hear the early setup as some have complained. The bath was SMALL! The shower door and bathroom door will hit each other if both are open and the towel rack is behind the bathroom door so it must be shut to access the towels. There are no drawers for clothes and the small hanging area is not adequate for 2 peoples belongings This room was much tighter than several of our tented camps on safari! Glad to have a safe in the room. The breakfast buffet was great. Lots of offerings and made to order omelets. There is sketchy wifi, especially in the rooms, but also 2 computers to use in the lobby that are faster and more reliable than the wifi. From here, we walked to the waterfront in about 15 minutes. Plenty of restaurants in the hotel area - we liked "Fork" - a tapas restaurant. Many people went to Five Flies but we were underwhelmed with it. Would I stay there again - yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on historic Greenmarket Square, the Inn on the Square Hotel immerses the traveler - whether on holiday or on business - into the sights & sounds of beautiful Cape Town. A landmark hotel, along with its unique setting and comfortable, refurbished accommodation, the Inn on the Square is complete with heated rooftop swimming pool and sundeck overlooking Table Mountain and its signature restaurant, DISH that presents diners with the option of enjoying an experience from a menu which blends International Cuisine with South African & Cape nuances either in the refined, urban interior or al fresco on the terrace which spills out onto the Square. One of Cape Town's most charming spaces, the historic cobbled stone Greenmarket Square offers a wide variety of curios, clothing, candles and specialty stands from where to procure a small piece of Africa. All hotel rooms are equipped with air-conditioning, satellite TV, complimentary Wi-Fi and in-room safes. The hotel's central location, meanwhile, invites the traveller to explore the beauty of the city on foot - the V&A Waterfront, the Cape Town Convention Centre and colourful Long Street are all within walking distance - ensuring that every detail of this extraordinary city may be appreciated to its fullest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your AHA Inn on the Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Square Hotel Cape Town Central
- Park Inn Cape Town
- Greenmarket Square Park Inn
- AHA Inn On The Square Cape Town, South Africa