especially if you like traditional african markets, as the square is filled every day with stalls which are put up each morning around 6 am and taken down in the evening. the downside is that even with double windows, you can hear the clanging of the metal supports during the process.
the beds were great with the best sheets we've ever experienced in a hotel. wish the towels had been of the same quality. the bathroom is so small, you can't actually go in and close the door, so don't share a room if you're not already very close friends! but the shower was a nice size and everything has been updated.
the hotel is in a very historic place - the square was actually a slave market and the building has had several lives. the restaurant's breakfast was very good and the staff was quite helpful.
my atm card was stolen at standard bank's open atm machine just across the square (lesson - use the atm machine that's actually INSIDE the bank on the street behind the hotel) - and the hotel's staff was very kind and helpful in calling my bank so i could cancel the card, walking around to the bank to report the incident since they has 'security people' stationed in the open atm area, and then they called the police so i could make a report. i REALLY appreciated their attentiveness and assistance.
the only negative of the hotel is the internet access - couldn't get into the internet from our room at all. had to go to the lobby to use it (it's free though). also they give you a new code every 24 hours, which is a pain, as it's a long string of numbers. and if you and your companion have 2 devices, you have to get 2 codes every 24 hours...the system could use some improvement!
overall, good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on historic Greenmarket Square, the Inn on the Square Hotel immerses the traveler - whether on holiday or on business - into the sights & sounds of beautiful Cape Town. A landmark hotel, along with its unique setting and comfortable, refurbished accommodation, the Inn on the Square is complete with heated rooftop swimming pool and sundeck overlooking Table Mountain and its signature restaurant, DISH that presents diners with the option of enjoying an experience from a menu which blends International Cuisine with South African & Cape nuances either in the refined, urban interior or al fresco on the terrace which spills out onto the Square. One of Cape Town's most charming spaces, the historic cobbled stone Greenmarket Square offers a wide variety of curios, clothing, candles and specialty stands from where to procure a small piece of Africa. All hotel rooms are equipped with air-conditioning, satellite TV, complimentary Wi-Fi and in-room safes. The hotel's central location, meanwhile, invites the traveller to explore the beauty of the city on foot - the V&A Waterfront, the Cape Town Convention Centre and colourful Long Street are all within walking distance - ensuring that every detail of this extraordinary city may be appreciated to its fullest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your AHA Inn on the Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Square Hotel Cape Town Central
- Park Inn Cape Town
- Greenmarket Square Park Inn
- AHA Inn On The Square Cape Town, South Africa