I stayed here with my Grandmother in 2009. At first when we arrived we did not like the hotel at all. I called the agent to see if we could go elsewhere, but there was nowhere available at a good price at short notice. However at that time I didn't realise it was only three stars. Looking back it was very good for a three star hotel.
Our room was quite small and the next door rooms were very noisy. Embarrassingly so! Quite funny in a way, but it became less funny as the days went by and the noises continues from all around us. The market is up very early - so you don't get much sleep.
The rooftop pool was nice and shaded. You could see the mountain and it was very pleasant. We both spent a lot of time here when we were at the hotel. Often, we were not here during the day or night and found it great for its location.
The staff were very friendly. They offered good advice and the breakfasts were good.
I loved the location. It was lovely walking around the markets and we were able to get some bargains. It was perfect from traveling from.
I would definitely advise getting a taxi to and from the the bay though. We were mugged (attempted) in broad daylight. When we got back to the hotel, we told them about the ordeal. They said that many 'muggers' work in a duo as they did with us. We were approached by a very tall man with a knife and told to hand everything over. We were then 'rescued' by another man who came in between the 'mugger' and ourselves. We thought the man was very brave and escorted us to a nearby hotel. We gave the man who 'rescued' us money. We were told it happens and that we should be careful. Although it was two men in a scheme, I can assure you that it did not make us any less scared. We were just so grateful to be alive.
The reason why I am giving this hotel such a high rating is because of its friendly service. They were very helpful and we felt very safe there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on historic Greenmarket Square, the Inn on the Square Hotel immerses the traveler - whether on holiday or on business - into the sights & sounds of beautiful Cape Town. A landmark hotel, along with its unique setting and comfortable, refurbished accommodation, the Inn on the Square is complete with heated rooftop swimming pool and sundeck overlooking Table Mountain and its signature restaurant, DISH that presents diners with the option of enjoying an experience from a menu which blends International Cuisine with South African & Cape nuances either in the refined, urban interior or al fresco on the terrace which spills out onto the Square. One of Cape Town's most charming spaces, the historic cobbled stone Greenmarket Square offers a wide variety of curios, clothing, candles and specialty stands from where to procure a small piece of Africa. All hotel rooms are equipped with air-conditioning, satellite TV, complimentary Wi-Fi and in-room safes. The hotel's central location, meanwhile, invites the traveller to explore the beauty of the city on foot - the V&A Waterfront, the Cape Town Convention Centre and colourful Long Street are all within walking distance - ensuring that every detail of this extraordinary city may be appreciated to its fullest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your AHA Inn on the Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Square Hotel Cape Town Central
- Park Inn Cape Town
- Greenmarket Square Park Inn
- AHA Inn On The Square Cape Town, South Africa