All reviews italian restaurant next door long street district six museum basic hotel nice stay enjoyed my stay comfortable room star service the hotel staff home away from home yogurt central location nice breakfast breakfast was included hop on hop off bus felt very safe waterfront
Reviewed September 7, 2014

The room was very clean, and the breakfast is really convenient. The internet is also complimentary and much faster than the wifi at the Westin in Cape Town so that was a nice plus as well. Above all else, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Lots of hotels to choose from but this is conveniently situated, very well run and a great choice if you don't want a really expensive place to stay. We had a lovely, large room above reception (no noise or disruptions) and nothing was too much trouble for the friendly, efficient staff. The hotel is close to shops, district six museums, police station, post office and market. Taxis can be organised through the hotel at a sensible rate and they even organised to take us to the airport at the end of our holiday in their own minibus at a price cheaper than the taxis. You can eat in-house but it's all Italian cuisine (which suited us nicely) as it's run by a lovely Italian family and staff. No problem if you don't want Italian food every night as there are plenty of restaurants, cafes and hotels around offering a range of good cuisines. We only had two slight niggles: two light bulbs blew at the same and couldn't be changed until the next day meaning we had to use the bathroom in the dark - not a real issue. The other niggle was that we were charged for 5 nights parking in the hotel car park though we only used it for 2 nights. Our fault for not checking the bill carefully until we got to the airport and had time to kill. Knowing the staff, we're sure it was a genuine error that would have been put right if we'd noticed when we were paying. We'll definitely use the hotel again when we re-visit Cape Town.

Room Tip: Ask for the large corner rooms- I think they're called executive suites. The ones on the corner above the reception area. First and fourth floor rooms are good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Trevor M
Reviewed August 2, 2014

The staff at the Parliament Hotel were incredibly helpful. They always took the time to answer our questions and to tell us the best vibey places to be in Cape Town. The room was large and comfortable and the hotel was very centrally located. It felt very safe to walk around during the day. The breakfast was very good as well with your choice of omelet. I would stay again if I return to Cape Town.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leigh R
Reviewed July 22, 2014

my stay at the hotel was great, food was ok, but i did not get adequate supply of hot water in the bathroom during my stay. the staffs were great and accommodating
But i had issues with my reservations because on your website or rather mail sent to me your terms and conditions were not fully stated, therefore i had issues gaining access to my room due to the fact that the credit card i used needed authorisation from the owner before your hotel could grant me access BUT the hotel had confirmed my bookings. what if i could not get across to the owner of the credit card at that point? what would have happened to me/ would i sleep on the streets? so i recommend that your terms and conditions be well explained to your esteems customers both new and old about any new developments with your hotel policy..... in all i did enjoy my stay actually, would love to come back some other time.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Damilola Lateef... B
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Parliament Hotel! The hotel is located in what may look a little unsafe but I a sure you, it is very safe! The hotel Staff was outstanding with the wealth of information they provided for us. As well as they were willing to help us with any question or problem we had.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends