“Mouille Point village”

Mouille Point Village
Reviewed April 23, 2012

There is a mist horn , and it drive you nuts when it is misty.There is a lose red carpet in the lounge, IT IS BAD!!! I throw it under the couch for the duration of our stay. The traffic is a bit on the noisy side. It is a good place to stay

Room Tip: The traffic is a bit on the noisy side.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gerhan

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Had an appartment for 2 weeks. The room was ok, we opted for a mountain facing one as opposed to sea facing because of the provision of an oven. Sadly we only used it once. We were told that the rear view was of Table mountain, which was a bit cheeky, as you can only see a bit of poking over Signal hill. There is a golf course right under, so it was nice to load my rifle, and pick off a couple of golfers before breakfast. I think now that we would have preferred a Sea view.
At 1000r per day(2 Person room), i would say that it was fair, bearing in mind the location, which is superb. The toilet was tight between the bath & wall, So anyone on the large side would struggle for space.
The best bit about this place is the Staff, who were the best we've come across. Being typically age wary, i thought at first that we were being pushed into activities that benefitted the owners. After a couple of days & digging my heels in, i realised that they were genuinely helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. From the Desk staff, security, maintenance or cleaners, you are always teated to a smile & respect. The desk staff, Alan, Samantha & Rashid went out of their way to help.
The building is on a Bus stop, 2 mins either way to The Waterfront or Sea Point. The former is posher, i preferred the vibrancy of Sea Point.
Returning customers apparently get a discount, we will give the offer serious thought.

Room Tip: Noise is not a problem either side.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I always stay at Westridge because of the friendliness of the staff (especially Rashaad) and how beautiful the apartments are. The property is always well kept and maintained. It is also the perfect location for my needs.

Room Tip: Sea facing is always great!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed at Mouille Point Village for four nights. We stayed in a studio self-catered apartment.

We arrived early straight off our flight from the UK. The room wasn't ready so we explored the area. The building is along the beach front, and there's a number of restaurants within two minutes walk.

The guests we were waiting on to vacate the room we were staying in hadn't checked out when they were meant to, and waltzed in past us as we were practically passed out in reception. The receptionist asked them to leave the room immediately, which they did and the cleaner did a great job of getting the room ready in less than 15 minutes. We appreciated that they turned things around so quickly.

The room was larger than we expected and had a nice view over a golf course onto the mountains. The other side of the building looks onto the ocean.

The bathroom was clean, but quite small. The door opened into the room and brushed passed the bathtub with millimetres to spare. The shower was decent.

Cape Town's waterfront is a 10 minute drive from the hotel and has a huge range of restaurants, attractions and shops. We also drove to Cape Point that took about 45 minutes.

The reception staff gave us a list of places to try when we arrived. They gave us a free pass to their sister hotel's pool area on the other side of town. We tried that one day and have to say it's not worth the trip (a pigeon was hogging the pool, with the larger and far more attractive pool off limits for day visitors).

There is a pool in the building, but it's extremely small and not very appealing.

Secure parking isn't included, but is available on a first come first serve basis for about 80 rand a night. I think there's about five or six spaces available in all. The staff insisted the area was safe so security wasn't a concern, although we felt a bit more at ease knowing the car was parked out of harm's way.

The reception is only open during office hours (from 9 to 7 most days) and there's a security guard on the desk 24/7.

In other countries a self-catered apartment block might include a laundry facility on-site, but this isn't provided at Mouille Point Village, with a premium priced hotel-style laundry service on offer instead. There are services close by (open until 7) that charge a fraction of the price. The reception staff were helpful helping me find these places.

On our final night there was fog, and the lighthouse nearby used its foghorn for the entire night. It was quite loud and made sleeping difficult. Of course, this only happens in the fog but it might be worth bringing ear plugs as a precaution.

I'd recommend Mouille Point Village for couples and families.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank str00m
Reviewed March 18, 2012

A really great location. Excellent service from management following a slight misunderstanding regarding the size of the apartment booked - they really went out of their way to assist and make us comfortable. We had a lovely apartment overlooking the golf course, quiet, clean and very well equipped. Within easy reach of everything! We enjoyed it so much that we have already booked for next year.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the golf course have lovely views and are much quieter!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Please be careful when staying at the mouille point village in Cape Town. I recently stayed here and was shocked when my bag lock was tempered with in my room, and items which I had worn the day before were missing from my BAG. The only person that was in the room was the cleaning lady. I know my lock was tempered with, but I obviously didn't have any proof. The lady was questioned, and she denied everything. What I found quite strange was that none of my belongings that weren't locked up, were touched, just the lock on my bag and the items inside of my bag, which was perfect for her when questioned, because she said' 'how can I open the bag when its locked', but I know the lock was tempered with, because the lock combination was different from what I had left it as in the morning when I left the apartment.
They staff at mouille point village were concerned but didn't really take any action or report the incident, which prompted me to write this complaint.
Just a note of precaution, because the worse thing for someone to experience on a holiday is realising you aren't safe in your own apartment, and I wouldn't want anyone out there to go through that experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ABHOWAN
MouillePoint, Manager at Mouille Point Village, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Dear Abhowah

We at Mouille Point Village always appreciate all feedback from our valued guests in an attempt to improve our service levels. We take these accusations very seriously and our in house investigation into the two missing trousers from your locked luggage had been inconclusive. We advised that a case be opened at our nearest police station (1km away).

On behalf of Mouille Point Village team we would like to extend our assistance in providing you with any information necessary for an insurance claim. We hope that this incident will not discourage you or any TripAdvisor Contributors and visitors to the TripAdvisor site from visiting our establishment in the future.

Regards,
Rashaad Soonies

Reviewed March 9, 2012

I agree with all the other comments; friendly staff, great surrounding, wonderful appartments

Room Tip: the back is more quiet and has a lovely view at the tablemountain and golfcourse
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family