“We enjoyed our stay during the Cape Argus and will be back next year”

Mouille Point Village
Kempton Park, South Africa
“We enjoyed our stay during the Cape Argus and will be back next year”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

No problems experienced during our stay. We did not use all the facilities and can not comment on some of them

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I really enjoyed out stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I felt safe and was able to walk to the V & A Waterfront to the shops and there is a bus outside the door. As it's located right opposite the sea you are able to walk along the promenade and take in the sights of the ocean. During my stay I was fortunate enough to see whales, dolphins and seals as an added bonus. I would recommend this self catering apartment to others.

Room Tip: The sea facing rooms are sunny and warm, although they can be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I have been returning on an ongoing basis to several of the overnight venues offered by the the Village & Life Group over the past 12 years, and they without doubt, over the best value , facilities and service by far in the Cape!

The facilities are outstanding, the interior modern and attention given to the smallest details, and the units equipped with just the very best and luxury furniture.

The personnel are extremely professional and friendly - where we really experience that our wishes are their demands, never faltering in their willingness to go 10 extra miles to please us and make our stay as pleasurable and memorable as possible.

I can without doubt recommend especially the fully furnished luxury flats at Westrige in Mouille Ploint and for shorter stays - nothing in the Cape can compete with the 5 star The Bay Hotel in Camps Bay! For sure for my holidays and frequent Business Trips - there will be no other place to stay!

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
oudtshoorn
Reviewed July 22, 2011

This is my 3 rd stay and i love the views of the staduim and the mountain.
The apartments were immaculately clean and staff very helpfull.
Will definately come back.

Neil

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I can't speak highly enough of this place. It came up on Opodo as one of the best priced places to stay in Cape Town and WOW! It is located on the sea front about 10-15mins walk from the V&A waterfront, sight seeing bus, aquarium, gateway to Robben Island and so much more.

The guys on the reception desk and really sweet and extremely helpful. My room was a studio on the second floor with an Ocean view and I couldn't have been happier. Decor was quite modern, clean and minimal. Spotlessly clean with a functional kitchenette, huge bed with a lovely duvet and lots of satellite channels, mtv, nat geo, discovery, bbc and many more. Plus all of this there is a free and reasonably fast wifi in the reception area.

Overall I had a brilliant week here and would return without hesitation!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Tel-Aviv
Reviewed March 2, 2010

We started our honeymoon trip in Cape town and Mouille point village was the perfect place. Very welcoming and friendly staff, spacious room with great view and a very comfortable double bed. The location is great, walking distance from the waterfront.
We will recommend this place for sure.
Just remember that this is not a hotel, if you're looking for breakfast and for relaxation around the pool, this is not the place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2010

I stayed here for my final 2 days in Capetown and was so disappointed. I had splurged on a 'deluxe' apartment - I came from another 4 star place (Adderley Hotel - amazing!) for a relaxing 2 days by the sea and was hugely and massively disappointed. It is not a hotel - it is a 'serviced' apartment and I use the term serviced advisedly.

As I entered the smell of bleach and TCP was overwhelming - so much so that the woman who showed me to my room insisted on opening the windows. Second mistake. The noise from the 4 lane speedway outside my balcony was incredible. So much so, that to sit on the balcony to enjoy the view, I had to wear my Ipod to drown out some of the noise - but only some. This is definitely on the bus route - as well as the bin lorry route, the racer boy route and the commuter route. Giving up on my over-priced balcony, I walked to the Waterfront - yes, admittedly, it is close.

On my return, I was not over-impressed by the security guard who told me that if I needed any help during the night (I was on the 1st floor by myself) I would be best to ring the police as he would have to ring his supervisor before he would be able to offer any assistance... All said with a reassuring chortle - seriously!

And then to bed... with ear plugs and an eye mask. The ear plugs were fairly ineffectual come rush hour though and the light came rushing through the mis-named 'blinds' from about 5am. The bed was clean and comfortable but the windows and blinds were filthy. The furniture was all a bit worn and the satellite TV could only be changed in the living room - not very handy when in bed.

The only good thing to say was that it had free internet access - that was the only thing that kept me from checking out after my first night there.

This is NOT 4 star - don't be fooled - and exactly what I paid the upgrade for I am not at all sure. It needs a serious re-vamp if it is to make up for the lack of decent double glazing, the race track outside and the poor standard overall.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo