All reviews loader street village cafe bedroom apartment self catering beautiful apartment table mountain breakfast included felt very safe stay in cape town spent nights accommodation waterfront bath cabs dishwasher uber
Selected filters
Reviewed December 7, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for the 3rd time in 20 years and there are good reasons to come back: nice accommodation, unique setting and lovely staff. However, on booking I was promised a discount for booking on their own site. On going back and forth on dates and accommodation type I missed filling the discount code. I immediately mailed Waterkant, but the answer felt like: ‘That is your own mistake, haha.’ They just wouldn’t apply the discount for booking on their site, whereas I did just that. Bummer

Date of stay: December 2018
DeWaterkantVillage, General Manager at De Waterkant Village, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2018

Dear Guest

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We value your continued patronage and apologize for your less that ideal booking experience. To avoid this happening in the future, we have added you to our members club VNL Leisure Club – this will ensure that you always qualify for the absolute best rates. We look forward to welcoming you back to De Waterkant Village.

Reviewed December 5, 2018

We spent four nights in 5C Loader Street.
Negatives first:
The first night the pump of the pool on the roof disturbed our sleep with a hum and the noise of splashing water and we couldn't turn it off.
No WiFi available in the flat - not good in this day and age.
Only one tea towel
The large angle poise lamp wouldn't stay up!
En-suite bathroom extract fan didn't work
Decoration and curtains feeling a bit worn.
The Positives
Swimming pool on the roof with private access and great views of Table Mountain
Fantastic large two-bedroom flat (one double, one twin) each with a bathroom, one with shower, one with bath
Huge main area incorporating living, dining and kitchen space
Decent TV
Great security in the area with constant patrols - felt very safe.
10-15 minute walk to the V&A Waterfront and plenty of cabs back - Uber available
Lots of trendy bars and restaurants nearby and some seem to cater for a thriving LGBT community
If you have a car, parking is possible if a little scarce on the street - but safe due to the security patrols.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed November 12, 2018

My friends and I rented a 3 bed/2 bath for 5 nights. Upon arrival, we were dropped off by Uber at the reception. At check-in the receptionist, Charles, gave us no information on wi-fi, checkout times or the fact that we would have to lug our luggage3 blocks up a hill to get to the unit. The apartment was nice enough, however, there is no phone to communicate to the reception. If you need something, you have to walk down hill 3 blocks. (Not a good fit for the elderly or differently abled.)

We had good views of Table Mountain and the waterfront, however, the service was so poor that it overrides everything else.

On the day before we were departing I asked Charles about a late checkout and he said that he would follow up with me and he never did. The next day I was out at brunch when I received a panicked phone call from my housemates stating that the housekeepers told them that they had 15 minutes to evacuate. This caused my friends great stress and was a horribly dramatic way to end an otherwise decent stay.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank strongforu
Reviewed August 21, 2018

We were very disappointed with the accomodations. What we read and viewed online via the de Waterkant website was NOT at all what we saw when we opened the door and inspected the place. It was dingy, dated, and poorly laid out. It was also very cold. The the bedroom heater was semi adequate, but the one in the living area was not. There were no other heat sources in the place and the night was cool/cold as it is winter in Cape Town. The bathroom was especially cold and the lighting very dim. There was no shelving in the room to put toiletry bags or anything else. A small shelf/table would be most welcome and useful.The kitchen was dim and tired looking. The appliances were dated. We would not dream of cooking there. We were so dismayed with de Waterkant that we contacted our travel agent and found a new place to move to the next day. I wish I had read Trip Advisor before booking this place. I would have difinitely chosen something different.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as the final part of our tour of South Africa and it was the worst place we stayed (stayed in 5 other resorts/apartment previously). The apartment was large but very old and worn inside. Paint peeling off walls and floors massively creaky and noisy to walk on. Some of the electrical equipment didn’t work despite reporting it - it did not get repaired to a working order.
Lots of stairs I’m the apartment so not great for families with small children as stairs very open. No blinds on windows downstairs so very open to neighbours.

Date of stay: August 2018