The reception staff were brilliant, joking with us - sometimes wonderfully inappropriately - making our stay feel really welcoming. The room we booked was very pleasant, with adjoining sitting area and roll-top bath, but on reflection, I think I would have preferred an elevated room with roof-top terrace. Breakfast is served when you provide vouchers - a little peculiar, but no major problem. Breakfast was very good, with a range of choices; service was always very friendly. The location is great for the gay bars, but Cape Town is not quite the gay party city I expected: only at the weekend is there much buzz; weekday nights are quiet. In a sense, the location, although very pretty, is sort of between places, whether the busy but a little soulless V&A Waterfront, or the edgier Long Street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colourful De Waterkant Village is a unique European influenced village of semi-detached quaint cottages and cobbled streets preserved from the 1760’s. Cradled between the city and the V&A Waterfront, De Waterkant Village is avant-garde, a cultural urban refuge highlighted by the abundance of restaurants, art galleries, clubs, salsa clubs, tapas bars and Parisian inspired café’s. Drawing comparisons from cultural and artistic villages from all over the world, De Waterkant embraces individuality and theatricality, echoed in the architecture and vibrancy of its residents and visitors. Walking on the beautiful sidewalks, one cannot help but be caught up in its spell, cast by the beauty of the Dutch influenced architecture, with flower boxes under the windows, sprawling balconies and rooftop decks providing exquisite views and majestic old trees that line the streets, filtering the sun selectively through their branches. This is a place that will tempt you into its fold and dare you to indulge and delight in life’s finer pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your De Waterkant Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Waterkant Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- De Waterkant Village Cape Town, South Africa