Perfect in every respect. I like clean places and De Waterkant House is super clean, I would say spotless. Rooms make you feel like you are at home, they have a swimming pool and a working fire place. All major points of the city are 10 minutes by a taxi. My room, Napier, had a view of the Table Mountain.
They have a cafe, that you get vouchers for, and breakfast is to die for, I highly recommend poached eggs with Cape Malay mince or Salmon Salad. Then you can have your espresso while contemplating a sunrise over the harbor or looking at the slopes of the table mountain.
The hosts at Waterkant village know everything and upon request will book a tour for you. They also have a deal with a taxi company for an airport transfer which will save you money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colourful De Waterkant Village is a unique European influenced village of semi-detached quaint cottages and cobbled streets preserved from the 1760’s. Cradled between the city and the V&A Waterfront, De Waterkant Village is avant-garde, a cultural urban refuge highlighted by the abundance of restaurants, art galleries, clubs, salsa clubs, tapas bars and Parisian inspired café’s. Drawing comparisons from cultural and artistic villages from all over the world, De Waterkant embraces individuality and theatricality, echoed in the architecture and vibrancy of its residents and visitors. Walking on the beautiful sidewalks, one cannot help but be caught up in its spell, cast by the beauty of the Dutch influenced architecture, with flower boxes under the windows, sprawling balconies and rooftop decks providing exquisite views and majestic old trees that line the streets, filtering the sun selectively through their branches. This is a place that will tempt you into its fold and dare you to indulge and delight in life’s finer pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your De Waterkant Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Waterkant Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- De Waterkant Village Cape Town, South Africa