I actually thought I was staying in a guest house, but when I arrived was shown to a stunning self contained 1 bedroom apartment. It was awesome. The supermarket was 1 block away so was able to stock up there. De Waterkant is a gorgeous suburb and its possible to walk to the Waterfront and to the city. The staff were great. I loved the little cafe that supplies the breakfast, it was the most wonderful way to start the day, sitting in the early morning sunshine under a sprawling tree hanging with Xmas decorations, listening to the birds and eating my breakfast. I don't even know what the cafe is called but when I stayed in a hotel closer to the Waterfront upon my return to Cape Town I went there to eat rather than at my hotel. And every morning I met new people at the cafe who gave me travel tips for CT and Namibia where I was heading to.(thanks Claus & Darren) I only wish I had planned to stay in De Waterkant when I returned from Namibia. I ended up spendingg my time there anyway. The staff at The Charles were lovely and helpful. Highly reccomended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colourful De Waterkant Village is a unique European influenced village of semi-detached quaint cottages and cobbled streets preserved from the 1760's. Cradled between the city and the V&A Waterfront, De Waterkant Village is avant-garde, a cultural urban refuge highlighted by the abundance of restaurants, art galleries, clubs, salsa clubs, tapas bars and Parisian inspired cafe's. Drawing comparisons from cultural and artistic villages from all over the world, De Waterkant embraces individuality and theatricality, echoed in the architecture and vibrancy of its residents and visitors. From serviced apartments, houses, guest houses and traveller's rooms De Waterkant Village has it all and lodgings at the village are as diverse and eclectic as the place itself. In keeping with the feel of an authentic traveller's village, guests can enjoy services and facilities when staying in apartments or houses, such as a service centre, concierge, housekeeping and breakfast at The Village Cafe every morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your De Waterkant Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Waterkant Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- De Waterkant Village Cape Town, South Africa