The location is beatiful, but there are too many rowdy midnight dwellers making noise with cars and yelling at one another after they leave the drinking bars or clubs in the early hours of the morning. We were woken by revving of cars, loud music and people talking at 4h30. The geyser is very small and there was not sufficent hot water for 6 of us to take a shower in succession.
The facilities are comofortable and conveniently located though, with beautiful scenery all aroung. The area is very safe and we walked to nearby restaurants and shopping areas without feeling insecure.
Overall good value for money, but wish the noise level could be addressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Colourful De Waterkant Village is a unique European influenced village of semi-detached quaint cottages and cobbled streets preserved from the 1760’s. Cradled between the city and the V&A Waterfront, De Waterkant Village is avant-garde, a cultural urban refuge highlighted by the abundance of restaurants, art galleries, clubs, salsa clubs, tapas bars and Parisian inspired café’s. Drawing comparisons from cultural and artistic villages from all over the world, De Waterkant embraces individuality and theatricality, echoed in the architecture and vibrancy of its residents and visitors. Walking on the beautiful sidewalks, one cannot help but be caught up in its spell, cast by the beauty of the Dutch influenced architecture, with flower boxes under the windows, sprawling balconies and rooftop decks providing exquisite views and majestic old trees that line the streets, filtering the sun selectively through their branches. This is a place that will tempt you into its fold and dare you to indulge and delight in life’s finer pleasures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your De Waterkant Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Waterkant Village Hotel Cape Town Central
- De Waterkant Village Cape Town, South Africa