This was our first ever excursion to South Africa, and our first stay at a Starwoods Hotel. Had there been a Crowne Plaza or an Intercontinental in Cape Town, I would probably have stayed there – but I’m glad there wasn’t as staying here was a very pleasant experience over 4 nights. As we had an overnight flight arriving early in the morning, we were pleased that our room was available. There was always staff on hand to help with whatever you needed; staff members were always helpful and courteous.
The rooms were superb – clean with very comfortable beds, and an excellent bathroom with a large, separate shower cubicle. The leisure facility was also of a high standard, comprising a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. These were well maintained with plenty of towels on hand and chilled bottled water. We also enjoyed the top floor bar providing complimentary drinks in the early evening.
The breakfasts were excellent too – a huge choice catering for any which taste. We had one meal in, and that too was fine.
The hotel is well located next to the Convention Centre. This makes both the City Centre and the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront area easy to access – the Westin provides a half hourly complimentary shuttle service to the V&A – this worked well; if the minibus was full, an immediate second run was made!
Complimentary WiFi was also a great bonus, as were the four internet terminals available to guests
All in all, a truly excellent hotel. I cannot think of one negative comment. No hesitation in recommending the Westin Grand in Cape town – we will definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in one of the most popular destinations in the world, at the gateway to the historic V&A Waterfront, The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays is only minutes away from excellent shopping, vibrant city night life, historical monuments and museums, iconic Table Mountain, and the pristine beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay. The hotel offers unlimited complimentary shuttle transfers to the V&A Waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Westin Cape Town
- Cape Town Westin
- The Westin Cape Town South Africa