“Best venue for convention centre. Easy access to town”

The Westin Cape Town
Ranked #28 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Good hotel. All rooms seem to have excellent views. Good beds and great bathrooms with separate showers. Very nice gym in the hotel. The walkway into the convention centre is excellent. Great breakfasts. Fantastic pool with amazing harbour views. Unfortunately distinctively non-child friendly approach to kids. Valet parking - complimentary varies between excellent and tortoise paced.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
The_Westin_Grand, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2010

Dear Oaklands4

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review on the Westin Cape Town.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with the conference facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin for any future stays in Cape Town.

Friedrich Schaefer

Write a ReviewReviews (2,321)

Reviewed November 19, 2010

This hotel is in a great location, near the waterfront with wonderful views! The rooms are clean and the staff persons are friendly. And who can forget the heavenly bed! I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Tnc2u

We were delighted to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us at the Westin Cape Town.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin on your future travels to Cape Town.

Reviewed November 18, 2010

I booked a king room non smoking. I got a smoking room, I do not smoke and the only compromise was to take 2 single beds. So I stayed in the smoking room to have the bigger bed. Admittedly they let me check in early which was nice.

In the lobby bar / restaurant I had to call the duty manager over, send my inedible food back. The wait service for service was so long I was embarrassed for the hotel. My parents and my Aunty were also surprised at how poor the service and food was.

At checkout I had 4 or 5 items from the mini bar on my bill that I did not use, which I had already pointed out to the lady that serviced the room as I had simply only put them on top of the bar fridge whilst I put a bottle of water in the bar fridge to use. I of course put the items back when I left. But again the women did not listen and tried to charge me.

The room was dated and not like any Westin I have stayed in before.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
The_Westin_Grand, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2010

Dear DaveMelbourne2010

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

After checking our booking system, we noted that the initial booking made by yourself was for a Deluxe King Smoking. In most instances, if the hotel is not fully occupied, we can assist guests with changing the room type on check in. Unfortunately we were unable to change the room type as the hotel ran at full occupancy for your time of stay.

I have noted your comments with regards to the layout and furniture of our rooms, these are set out by our brand Westin. A yearly rooms care program is in place, I apologise if you found our rooms to be very dated.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience caused when ordering drinks in the looby bar and also the additional items charged to your room account from your mini bar, even though you did not make use of this.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

I stayed at the Westin as I had a lot of SPG points to burn. When on holiday I wouldn't normally stay at this kind of hotel, especially as there are great guest houses and boutique hotels in Cape Town. However, if you require an excellent of-the-shelf chain 5 star hotel, you can't go wrong here.

It has a nice spa on the 19th floor, and our room was on the 18th floor with quite a nice view. Note, I didn't try the restaurant so I can't comment on that, but there are so many great restaurants in cape town, many only a 30 or 40 Rand taxi ride away that there is no need to be a hotel hobbit!

If I didn't stay in this kind of hotel often and wanted a "city break", I'd stay here in a heart beat. For a more holiday-style experience then I'd consider staying in camps bay or somewhere else, but you really can't go far wrong with this Westin - it does what it says on the Tin!

Oh, and parking was cheap - 25 Rand for the night, I think. I expected to pay more somehow....

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
The_Westin_Grand, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2010

Dear Foiegras99

Thank you very much for your positive review of the Westin Cape Town. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time at the Hotel and Cape Town.

In case you did not know, we do offer a free of charge shuttle service, which departs every 15 minutes from the hotel to the V&a Waterfront.
We would also recommend when next you stay with us, to experience our world class Westin Executive Club Restuarant on the 19th Floor, with 360 degree views of Cape Town city and Table Mountain as a backdrop. It surely is breathtaking.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to see you in the near future.

Kind regards
COO / General Manager

Reviewed October 30, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Westin on the pleaure part of a business trip to South Africa. We stayed for 3 nights and found it to be an exceptional experience. We were upgraded upon arrival and our room was large, beautifully apppointed with a lovely view of the harbor. Breakfast on the executive floor was excellent with amazing service. The Manager even came over and introduced himself. Though the concierge was not terribly helpful when asked about tickets for a Robbin Island trip, otherwise the service in the hotel was excellent. All in all, we really loved the hotel and would go back anytime. PS _ I had a wondderful, very reasonable massage which was part of an Executive special.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
The_Westin_Grand, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2010

Dear debzymnic

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time at the Westin Cape Town and we hop eto see you again very soon for your next stay in Cape Town.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 29, 2010

We had a wonderful stay. The staff were very attentive. The rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and well equipped. We enjoyed the restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank WernerGerhard

Dear WernerGerhard

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with is at the Westin Cape Town,

It was nice to receive your positve comments on our restaurants. Our staff work eceptionally hard to make every guest feel special.

thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

sincerely

Reviewed October 28, 2010

The Westin Grand is the perfect business hotel to stay at when in Cape Town. Professional service, speedy internet access and perfectly located to the business district.

The friendly and helpful staff made my stay even more pleasant. Well Done!!!!! , to staff and management.

I would recommend this hotel to any business traveler.

I will certainly be back in Feb 2011