2,600 results
All reviews executive club convention center executive floor top floor free shuttle heavenly bed table mountain heated floors infinity pool every half hour attending a conference guest services travel desk breakfast buffet water front large hotel five star hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed June 11, 2019

The hotel has the best location in Cape Town, they have a shuttle bus to the waterfall. The rooms are very nice and the sauna and jacuzzi on the 19-th floor is a real nice experience. They have also a very good executive lounge, so it is valuable to book there, but have a full breakfast. The view from the higher level is magnificent.

Room tip: higher floors have a very nice view, and the executive lounge is very good
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Westincpt, Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2019

Dear wvily,

Thank you for the amazing review of The Westin Cape Town. Our innovative programmes and instinctive service transform every aspect of your stay into a revitalizing experience and we are dedicated to provide an experience that leaves you feeling better than when you arrived.
Your positive comments about our rooms and Heavenly Spa experience inspire us to create an even better experience for our guests, as each of our signature offerings has been designed with a better you in mind. We hope to welcome you back to our wonderful city soon!

Warm regards,

Leon Meyer

Reviewed June 7, 2019

We stayed here 7 nights for a girls trip. The hotel is lovely and the service is excellent. It is located in the city center close to the V&A Waterfront and Table Mountain and not far from the Camps Bay part of town, which is a very nice area and conveniently located. Check in was seamless. The room was spacious with a great view. The one small drawback was that the front desk forgot to inform me about the US electric converters in my room and since I didn't notice them right away I bought a converter. I wish I had known about that up front. But otherwise, I was really happy with everything. We really enjoyed the selections available for the complimentary breakfast and the prices for the food were fairly reasonable. Concierge service was very helpful with meeting our needs. I really enjoyed the stay at the Westin and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room tip: Rooms facing away from the convention center have a view of the mountain and an excellent sunset view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Westincpt, Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2019

Dear StephanieBarrett,

Greetings from the Westin Cape Town.

Thank you for your honest feedback, and the good rating you gave us. On behalf of my Team, I humbly apologize for not informing you about the built in converters in the refurbished rooms. Our Front Office Team have been reminded to inform all first time guests about the new feature.

Once again, I am sorry for the annoyance we caused you, and we look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

With sincere and kind regards,

Reviewed June 6, 2019

Perfectly situated across the road from the ICCCT. Good business travel rooms with enough space. Nice view of Table Mountain from our room. Good breakfast with friendly staff. Check-in really slow - evening before large conference, there was a queue of people waiting for a long time and only 2 counters open (this was late at night, so not sure how they coped when really busy).

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear 728amandak,

Warm greetings from the Westin Cape Town.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I appreciate your honest feedback, and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience we caused during check in. Your concerns are duly noted, and we would like to investigate the matter, to prevent similar inconveniences from re-occurring in the future. If possible, may I please contact you privately to obtain more details? At your convenience, kindly forward me your contact information via robin.scott@westin.com

With sincere regards,

Reviewed June 5, 2019

I visited the hotel after two years and was happy to note that service standards have been maintained. Since I checked in online, when I arrived early, I found my room was available and the lady who checked me thanked me for being a Bonvoy member and welcomed me back to the hotel.

The rooms were clean and looked like they have been recently refurbished. One of the things I enjoy is taking meals at the Club and using the health club and spa - excellent.

Room tip: I prefer upper rooms with views of the waterfront
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Ajei2000,

Warm greetings from the Westin Cape Town.

Thank you for the 5 star rating. It is very rewarding to receive positive feedback, especially when it comes from our Marriott BonVoy Elite members. Thank you for using Marriott BonVoy's Mobile Check in service. I was pleased to hear that you've found the Marriott BonVoy Mobile App convenient, and that we were able to have your room ready when you arrived.

Once again, Thank you for choosing to with Marriott. My Team and I look forward to hosting you again soon.

With warm regards,

Be Well, be Westin.

Reviewed May 29, 2019

We booked in for 5 nights as part of a conference. I had the privilege of being the "partner" so got to explore more than work.

Check in was seamless, despite the fact we were 24 hours late due to flight connections. Everyone, and I mean everyone was completely concerned with making sure we had a good time. Concierge services were very helpful, giving good practical advice that had my interests in mind. Housekeeping was considerate and did a great job. We accessed the club rooms and the offerings there all day could not be faulted. If you've read my other reviews then I always prioritise people and service, and here it was faultless.

By way of an example, I was involved in an incident that had to involve the police, (i'm too embarrassed to say what it was, my own fault but i was scammed and was outside the hotel). The security manager took it very seriously, took a report, involved the police, and alerted others to potential danger. ( The most serious damage was to my own ego, I did not loose money). They were caring, non judgmental to my own stupidity and very helpful.

The bed was excellent and very comfortable, large room with plenty of space ( 17th floor), we had great views of Table Mountain.

Breakfast was comprehensive as you would expect and prices were I believe very reasonable.

We had read other reviews and had been concerned, this was not our experience and I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Westincpt, Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2019

Dear kiwinui,

Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your stay at The Westin Cape Town. It is always a special and inspired moment to learn that our guests enjoyed our facilities and appreciates the efforts of our team members. Providing our guests with excellent service and creating a positive experience that won’t be forgotten is what we constantly strive towards.
We appreciate your comments regarding our Security team and their actions to assist you with an unfortunate incident. It’s great to know that you appreciated their assistance.Feedback from our guests allow us to continually improve services offered and is noted. We hope that you will return soon to let us showcase our high standards of service once again!

Warm regards,