“Strongly advised”

The Westin Cape Town
Ranked #26 of 112 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This westin is very centrally located,very close to the famous waterfront and even has service bus to and from it for free every 15 minutes.
Stuff are very friendly and helpful and breakfast(in lounge)was amazing.i will definitely suggest it to a friend visiting here

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear travel-all-my-life

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Westin Cape Town and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Cape Town.

"Guests enjoy an amazingly restful night’s sleep, which revitalizes the body and brain. The world-renowned Westin Heavenly Bed features lush sheets, down cushioning and our patented pillow-top mattress, which cradles and contours to the body for complete comfort. Another industry first, the Heavenly Bath creates an invigorating spa-like experience, enhanced with our Heavenly Shower® Heavenly® Robe and exclusive White Tea Aloe bath amenities"

Rob Kucera

Write a ReviewReviews (2,320)

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Had a wonderful stay and glad to see that many of the staff that I saw last year were still at the hotel. The Executive lounge in particular is wonderful and has a great breakfast It was especially good to see that they have fixed their wireless problems, which barely worked the last time I stayed at the hotel. We hosted a meeting at the hotel and I have to say that the banquet staff, and especially the banquet manager was fantastic and was able to accommodate our changes very quickly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear BenDC

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Westin Cape Town. It was nice to hear that the Front Desk staff, Banqueting Staff and our internet have exceeded your expectations. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel special. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

"SuperFoods dishes powerfully pair whole foods to boost their flavors and their benefits. SuperFoods include fruits, vegetables, grains and proteins that are known to improve well-being and longevity. Antioxidant-rich and naturally low in calories, these tempting selections make healthful meals impossible to resist. Westin is the first hotel to embrace the SuperFoods concept and introduce these delectable, good-for-you choices to breakfast and in-room dining menus"

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

I am a regular visitor in this hotel and have always enjoyed a great stay with excellent service. Unfortunately, if something drastic is not done about the hookers, I will have to move to another hotel next time.

I took business customers to the Mezzanine Bar after dinner and we were openly approached by them! This is a real shame and disappointment. One just wonder how they get around in getting drinks from the bar??

Other than that I really enjoy my stay with you.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Christo B

Dear 12345Christo

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Westin Cape Town.

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. I do apologize for the issue that you experienced in our bar area - please be assured, the issued raised have been addressed and appropriate action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future.

We hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Cape Town

"Unwind – A Westin Evening Ritual SM

Continuing to find ways to make a stay more enjoyable, Westin encourages travelers to share an inviting transition from day to night with friends, family and fellow guests. As nightfall approaches, the lobby transforms into a relaxing social space with food, drink and entertainment infused with the style and culture of the location"

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Westin Cape Town a couple of times, always for business. But this past visit inspired me to write a review (something I do not get inspired to do frequently.)

My recent 8-night stay was also for work, much of it involving a conference across the street at the convention center. As always, my room was wonderful - spacious, well appointed and well maintained, great products in the bath, etc. I used the restaurant and room service multiple times - the food was great and the service was efficient and friendly. I especially loved the included breakfast buffet - something I actually looked forward to every day.

But none of that is what inspired me to write this review. My inspiration came via the story below....

On my departure from Cape Town, I left my expensive smart phone in the backseat of the taxi that took me to the airport. Yesterday, I got that phone delivered to my door - thanks to staff at the Westin (especially the porter named Nazeem), and thanks to a wonderful taxi driver named Justice.

Rather than depositing me and my luggage in one of the taxis in the queue outside the hotel, Nazeem asked me if he could call a good driver for me, that it would only take a few minutes. I said, sure, why not - I can wait a few minutes. This ended up being a very good decision on both our parts. So, Nazeem called Justice - who picked me up and with whom I had a great conversation all the way to the airport.

I realized I left my phone in the car after I had checked in for my flight - 20 minutes or so after I was dropped off. I was not happy. I went through security and passport control, and thought, well, I will try calling the hotel and connect with Nazeem to see if they might be able to help, contact the driver, see if my phone is still in the back seat, etc. It was a long shot, for sure, but worth a try.

I found a pay phone and called the hotel - and when they hear it is me, the person says "we've been waiting for your call. The driver is looking for you at the airport right now. Can you meet up with him?"

My jaw dropped. I was stunned. This is now close to an hour after I was dropped off - and the driver was looking for me? To return my phone? WOW., Just, WOW. This was not expected. I mean, Justice may have never even noticed the phone was back there, a black phone on a black seat.... it could have fallen on the floor.... it could have fallen between the cushions.... another passenger could have taken it, etc etc....

I told them I was not able to go back through passport and security, and my plane was getting ready to board, but could they contact Justice, thank him profusely, and ask him to bring the phone back to the hotel when he had a chance, so that the hotel could then send it to me?

Well, Justice did return my phone to the Westin, and the great folks in the business center, including Jayd Thomas, arranged for DHL to ship the phone back to me in Chicago. And as I said, I got that phone back, safe and sound, yesterday - eight days after I left it in the taxi.

There are wonderful people in this world - as exemplified by this story. I am very grateful to Justice and Nazeem, and the rest of the Westin staff who not only made my stay comfortable and pleasurable, but who helped me with this situation. I will be back - and hope to thank everyone in person.

But for now - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JimberlyChicago
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear JimberlyChicago

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at The Westin Cape Town. It was nice to hear that Nazeem and Justice exceeded your expectations. Our customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Everything from our previous visits was the same. Rooms were very nice... however, the management was not very open in disclosing to us that their concierge level lounge was not open and that those who paid for concierge level would be administered at the restaurant.

Definitely not the ambiance we wanted and not worth the money. We skipped the evening cocktail hour for the most part, what was the use without the awesome views.

If we would have known we would have saved the money.

Have never been disappointed here before, guess there is always a first time. We will probably shift to the Commodore for our next trip, havent been there in a while.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear CJPSanRamon

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our services.

We do pride ourselves on our exceptionally high standard of service and I do sincerely hope you will not judge us solely on this basis of this particular experience and do hope you will permit us an early opportunity to regain your confidence in our services.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in late November for the Africa Oil Week held at the Convention Centre.
Everything was modern, smart and functional. Can't fault the accomodation nor the service.

My only grumble and its a big one!

Whilst chilling out in the evening in the Mezzanine bar we were approached brazenly every night by prostitutes. For a 5 star hotel this is unnaceptable. If the managemnt condone this sort of service they should be ashamed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear philhollowayinuk

Thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed your time at the Westin Cape Town and we hope to see you again very soon for your next stay in Cape Town.

Whilst a number of factors were beyond out control, your comments with regards to the prostitutes on the mezz floor have been brought to our Security Managers attention and appropriate action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

2nd time we've stayed here over a weekend, very close to more touristy things in cape town. Executive club is a must, if only for the views and breakfast on the 19th floor! Staff super friendly and helpful.
No video's to rent however, so our plans to stay in fell flat even though they do show it as an option. The movie channels available are also not really very great, with mnet premier's schedule not even in the tv guide they make available. We streamed videos through the free wifi which worked like a charm. Facilities in the room is great as usual, and the beds really are heavenly!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear robert2323

We do take all comments seriously and appreciate your feedback regarding the TV channels.