“Nice Location”

Ranked #24 of 106 Hotels in Cape Town Central
Seattle, Washington
“Nice Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel is located across the street from the Cape town convention center which is ideal hotel for convention attendees. The night duty manager Patrick is very friendly, and helpful. Also, I had a good experience with Brenda who is working at the Executive Club. She was very helpful, and went out of her way to make my stay great.
My only concern is that computers in the Executive CLub, near the restaurant used for breakfast, and the Business Center need to be updated with new software, the internet connections are slow, and Ethernet should be a option for guests. When guests log in to the hotel system the log in should last for all day or the entire stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Globetrotter10079

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We ar epleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us st the Westin Cape Town.

I reviewed your comments regarding your stay and apologize for the slow internet connection you experienced, your comments have been passed on to the IT Manager for follow up.

We do hope to see you again soon when next your travels take you to Cape Town.

Signature Heavenly® Programs
Guests enjoy an amazingly restful night’s sleep, which revitalizes the body and brain. The world-renowned Westin Heavenly Bed features lush sheets, down cushioning and our patented pillow-top mattress, which cradles and contours to the body for complete comfort. Another industry first, the Heavenly Bath creates an invigorating spa-like experience, enhanced with our Heavenly Shower® Heavenly® Robe and exclusive White Tea Aloe bath amenities

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
None of anyones business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights and loved it. Staff were so helpful and friendly. Breakfast - amazing selection covering everything you could want and somethings i's never seen! Rooms, we had a view of the waterfront but ask for a Table Mountain view - much better. SPA was amazing, beautiful affinity pool, sauna etc and nice gym, no need to bring gym gear you can hire the lot! Massages are great. Hairdressers beside the Spa also do a great job - very good value. Location wise it is connected to the conference centre but the hotel offers a shuttle bus to the waterfront every 15mins so it works out brilliantly.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Eimear G
Dear Eimear G

Thank you for your postiive review of the Westin Cape Town.

I was very pleased to learn how much you nejoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

We do hope to welcome you again when next your travels take you to Cape Town.

The Westin Difference
The Westin Difference makes healthful choices irresistibly appealing – offering innovative programs that ensure our guests feel well rested, well-nourished and well cared for. Westin understands that feeling good flows from a relaxing and comfortable environment where careful attention is given to the most important components of a guest’s stay. At every Westin Hotel and Resort, in the world’s most exhilarating destinations, discerning travelers discover just how good it feels to stay with us.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stay at the Westin about 8 times a year over the past 3 years. Recently, I’ve been trying other hotels (Taj) just to mix things up. In short the hotel is an excellent business hotel and well integrated with the convention centre next door. The facilities are modern, the rooms are clean and the staff is very efficient. I always stay on the club floor to make use of the lounge on the 19th floor with an excellent view of cape town waterfont and table mountain. This is the hotels best feature. They have drinks between 4 – 7 and an excellent breakfast which I do recommend. The lounge is a great place to host clients / co-workers as few locals have been up to the lounge and they seem to love the views. The lounge is well staff with very experenced professionals and the manager is always around. The rooms are not really any different between the club floors and the rest of the hotel –other than being on higher floors. So, really what you are buying is the club lounge which is good value.

If the hotel has any knocks against it; it is that the environment is a bit soulless. I wouldn’t stay here for a holiday or with children, the mood is not right. They could add a piano player in the club it might add some ambiance. Even the cigar lounge which I enjoy can be a bit sterile.

For business – it is excellent and I recommend it highly. If on holiday, it could suck the life out of you and remind you about work.

Room Tip: Pay for the club floor and use the lounge for pre-dinner drinks and watch the sun set. Best to eat o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear s b

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel.

We are very happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us at the Westin Cape Town and hope to see you again very soon when next you stay in Cape Town.

Make a green choice
• The less water, energy and other resources we use, the more there is to go around. Reward yourself with a $5 voucher at participating food and beverage outlets or 500 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints® awarded at check out for each night you decline housekeeping services (except day of departure). Conservation matters. Make A Green Choice. Guest is eligible to participate if staying for more than 2 nights and can choose one of the following for every night he declines housekeeping services:
R45.00 credit at F&B or 500 SPG Starpoints® or Donating 500 SPG Starpoints® to UNICEF

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

There are many reasons why I consider the Westin my #1 choice in Cape Town. This hotel caters to a lot of business folk but the leisure traveler is on equal footing here. It was the perfect base for my family's 7 days exploring the city... and one of the best hotel experiences I can remember. We had 4 rooms on the Executive Level... 3 Kings and one Jr. Suite. I had considered a couple of other highly touted luxury properties located in the waterfront area... I visited both (and had dinner at each). No doubt both are very nice... but when I return to Cape Town my choice will remain the Westin.

Upon arrival at the hotel, your first impression is grande... an amazing open space lobby with a cool laid back modern feel. There always seemed to be a lot of staff on duty no matter the time of day or the location... front desk, restaurant, travel desk, etc. Most importantly the staff was super friendly, efficient, and would do whatever it took to please. So refreshing in an era where it seems many hotels are cutting back on staff to cut costs... not here.

As many have stated, the breakfast buffet is something special here... and included in our rate. They really take a great deal of pride in it. After the first day we were greeted by name each morning and shown our table. The restaurant manager was always present to ensure that all was well... stopping by each table in a very professional way. As already described by many, the selection is over the top... and even includes coffee drinks like cappuccino and lattes... often considered extra at most buffets. The restaurant is so comfortable we opted for dinner there a couple of nights since the food was very good and so easy.

I thought the location was ideal. Just about a 7 minute ride, via their frequent scheduled shuttle, to the waterfront area. We also loved returning one day via the "hop on hop off" boat (small fee... think it was $3) which runs from the waterfront to the hotel and back. The Westin's location avoids the hubbub of the waterfront, but is so close if you want to go there. Honestly, I thought I'd head there more, but it's a bit too crowded and touristy for my taste.

The Executive Level is amazing. The views unparalleled. The rooms were excellent... well designed, comfortable, really great bathrooms with all the luxuries.

The top floor of the hotel includes the beautiful top class spa, workout room, sauna, swimming pool and salon... really gorgeous and of course the views are fantastic. Our family took advantage of these services and loved it. My wife was in need having her nails done. I only bring this up as I remembered the negative review earlier on TA. Thankfully, her experience at the salon was positive... an excellent manicure. She also liked the salon's hair services after our very long trip from the USA.

An important tip: There's a travel desk just to the left of the reception desk in the lobby. They are amazing! We used them for EVERYTHING... and I highly recommend them to you if you stay here. We arranged full day trips (with car and driver)... one day to the wine country... another day to the south, along the coastline to Cape Point... back via the penguin colony. Was nice having a driver who knew and explained the area and did the driving. Also used them for transportation to and from the airport and any other transportation needs we had during our stay (to/from restaurants). Drivers were super friendly, reliable and professional. It was great leaving all the details to them. The cost was very fair too. I'd suggest emailing them in advance for information and pricing. Very Highly Recommended.

Management should be proud of the team of excellent individuals they've assembled here. The physical plant speaks for itself, but the very professional, friendly, and caring staff are the main reason this hotel is as fabulous as it is. My entire family was impressed with this fantastic hotel and the amazing city of Cape Town. I thought this would be a "once in a lifetime" type of trip as it's so far away from the USA... but now I plan to return to this magical area some time again as it would sadden me to think I'll never be back... and when I do the Westin will be where you'll find me.

Very Highly Recommended

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Executive Level
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank WINEandTRAVEL
Dear WINEandTRAVEL

Your kind comments are greatly appreciated.

Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise.

We do hope to welcome you and yoru family again when next your travels take you to Cape Town.

Westin Weekend
We’re loosening our ties and making a few subtle changes to create a more relaxed atmosphere on the weekends to help you rejuvenate for the week ahead.
Introducing 3pm Checkout on Sunday* and Extended Breakfast Hours all Weekend. Which means more time to enjoy your weekend, whether that includes hitting the slopes at one of our award-winning ski resorts, exploring a new city or a day lounging poolside. Leave feeling energized so you can have a Better Monday

Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Loved the hotel, especially the spa was fantastic, 24/7 gym and just two walking steps a way from the exhibition center. Room was beautiful, sunny, with shower and bathtub, heated flooring... Great high speed internet,

2 Thank MiamiOscar
Dear MiamiOscar

We were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Westin Cape Town and hope to welcome you again soon when next your travels take you to Cape Town.

• Combine your workout routine with fresh air and local scenery with our RunWESTIN℠ program. We’ve teamed up with New Balance® to provide with 5 and 10km routes through the city, along the beach or into rural landscapes. Runners of all levels are welcome to join a group run with our Run Concierge or grab a running map and take off on their own. Either way, you’ll be welcomed back with a fresh towel or cold bottled water.

Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights while my husband was here for a convention and we would certainly book a return. We had a junior suite which was the perfect size for us and our teen daughter. Comfortable bed and pillows, modern, sleek design, plenty of closet space and a very spacious bathroom with tub and walk in shower. Also, as we had a corner unit, it was very quiet. As noted, it is very near the V&A Waterfront, with a frequent free shuttle to and from the Waterfront. There aren't any local restaurants close by, but there is always a taxi waiting downstairs to take you anywhere you need to go. We never waited even one minute for a taxi.

The breakfast buffet in the downstairs restaurant was plentiful and of a very high quality. You rarely see fresh passion fruit as part of the breakfast offerings, but we were spoiled with it every day (along with many other delicious fruits and purees). They have one employee whose sole responsibility at breakfast is to staff a fresh juice bar every day. We enjoyed trying the dozen or so freshly squeezed juices and smoothies each day -- some were very exotic like cranberry-beet (all were surprisingly good).

It is a real luxury to be able to swim in the penthouse pool and enjoy the spa. One complaint is that they keep the whirlpool at a very cool temperature. When I mentioned this to the attendant, I was told that it was at the usual temperature of 98 degrees Farenheit. All of the whirlpools I've experienced in the US are at much hotter temperatures -- usually in the 103 or 104 degree range. The whirlpool was blowing in cold water and it was not comfortable to stay in at this temperature.

The only other negative regards the Executive Club dining. We enjoyed the cocktail hour and hors d'oeuvres very much. But twice we tried to have dinner there and we were told on both occasions that it was closed to us due to a function.

However, we would still return to this hotel. We prepaid the non-refundable fee for our suite and saved 30%. That made this suite cost much less than a regular room in a similar hotel in the US so it was a very good buy for us as well as a very high quality stay. We also had excellent service from the hotel's business center who helped us to arrange shipping something home to the US.

Overall, a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Alexandrasmom817
The_Westin_Cape_Town, General Manager at The Westin Cape Town, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Alexandrasmom817

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the Westin Cape Town.

I reviewed your feedback with regards to the Spa and the WEC and apologize for not being able to accommodate you during your time of stay. We do hope to welcome you again and experience our beautiful Westin Executive Club located on the 19th floor with its heavenly views of Cape Town.

New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here for a conference at the conference center 10 meters from the front door of this modern, clean, well appointed business hotel. Excellent free internet. Free shuttle to waterfront shopping and restaurants 15 minutes away.

Good breakfast buffet with American, English, Asian fare.

No complaints.

Dear familyinnh

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments with regards to your recent stay with us at the Westin Cape Town.

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you again when next your travel to South Africa.

• Fuel your body with delicious SuperFoodsRx™ dishes packed with nutrients and energy. Antioxidant rich and naturally low in calories, our tempting selections – from whole-wheat blueberry pancakes to all-natural roasted turkey wraps and black bean hummus – make healthy meals impossible to resist.Created together with doctors and nutritionists, our SuperFoodsRx™ menu cultivates “food synergy,” the pairing of certain foods to increase their nutritional value, to give you the focused energy you need to meet the challenges of your day.