We stayed here for 7 nights while my husband was here for a convention and we would certainly book a return. We had a junior suite which was the perfect size for us and our teen daughter. Comfortable bed and pillows, modern, sleek design, plenty of closet space and a very spacious bathroom with tub and walk in shower. Also, as we had a corner unit, it was very quiet. As noted, it is very near the V&A Waterfront, with a frequent free shuttle to and from the Waterfront. There aren't any local restaurants close by, but there is always a taxi waiting downstairs to take you anywhere you need to go. We never waited even one minute for a taxi.
The breakfast buffet in the downstairs restaurant was plentiful and of a very high quality. You rarely see fresh passion fruit as part of the breakfast offerings, but we were spoiled with it every day (along with many other delicious fruits and purees). They have one employee whose sole responsibility at breakfast is to staff a fresh juice bar every day. We enjoyed trying the dozen or so freshly squeezed juices and smoothies each day -- some were very exotic like cranberry-beet (all were surprisingly good).
It is a real luxury to be able to swim in the penthouse pool and enjoy the spa. One complaint is that they keep the whirlpool at a very cool temperature. When I mentioned this to the attendant, I was told that it was at the usual temperature of 98 degrees Farenheit. All of the whirlpools I've experienced in the US are at much hotter temperatures -- usually in the 103 or 104 degree range. The whirlpool was blowing in cold water and it was not comfortable to stay in at this temperature.
The only other negative regards the Executive Club dining. We enjoyed the cocktail hour and hors d'oeuvres very much. But twice we tried to have dinner there and we were told on both occasions that it was closed to us due to a function.
However, we would still return to this hotel. We prepaid the non-refundable fee for our suite and saved 30%. That made this suite cost much less than a regular room in a similar hotel in the US so it was a very good buy for us as well as a very high quality stay. We also had excellent service from the hotel's business center who helped us to arrange shipping something home to the US.
Overall, a very enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in one of the most popular destinations in the world, at the gateway to the historic V&A Waterfront, The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays is only minutes away from excellent shopping, vibrant city night life, historical monuments and museums, iconic Table Mountain, and the pristine beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay. The hotel offers unlimited complimentary shuttle transfers to the V&A Waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Cape Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
- Westin Cape Town
- Cape Town Westin
- The Westin Cape Town South Africa