The hotel has had a major refurbishment since I was last here in 2009 and is quite tastefully decorated. The location is great - just a 10 min walk from the Waterfront and close to a good selection of restaurants in its own right. Stayed here for 7 nights on a work trip in November 2011. My husband accompanied me on this trip and the hotel put us in a room with twin beds, which couldn't be changed and was quite disappointing. Beds were moderately comfortable. Bathrooms were nice, good work space and nice tv. Internet however was very, very slow. Overall the rooms were nice however the entire air conditioning unit was in the room so this created a very, very, very noisy nights sleep. I wore ear plugs and pretended I was sleeping on a plane. There wasn't an option to open the windows as our room was on the road and so it was just as noisy. Reception staff were mostly good, though there were a few rude exceptions. That said, the breakfast was phenomenal and the restaurant staff were great. A colleague used the gym facilities and said they were good though there wasn't water available. Overall the hotel offers good value for money and certainly is pleasant, it just lacks a little polish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the urban landscape of Greenpoint, one of Cape Town's trendiest suburbs, The Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Victoria Junction's location offers easy access to major Cape Town tourist attractions as well as the CBD, the Cape Town International Convention Centre and the V&A Waterfront for GUESTS staying on business. Our in house, Connexxion Restaurant is the perfect option for guests on the go. The breakfast buffet remains of international standard with a huge variety of items to choose from and for your convenience - breakfast hours over weekends are extended so you can sleep in! The Hotel provides a new contemporary urban lifestyle where you can live, work and play within a 5 kilometre radius. Walk to the Cape Quarter Lifestyle Centre and the Greenpoint Park or cycle on the new pedestrian and cycle ways. Catch a MyCity bus or the red Cape Town Tourism bus to visit Clifton, Camps Bay beach or as far as Simon's Town and Constantia! All the bedrooms feature sleek, modern design that offer environmentally friendly lighting, water-saving rain showers and energy efficient entertainment options like the Bravia LCD screens and iPod docking stations. International adapter installations also improve services to our International GUESTS. Protea Hotel Victoria Junction - a contemporary urban lifestyle! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Victoria Junction reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Hotel Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Victoria Junction
- Victoria Junction
- Protea Hotel By Marriott Cape Town Victoria Junction South Africa