I really loved this place. It was very upscale and everyone was friendly and nice. I splurged and had the private ensuite room. The bed was so comfy and the front desk helped me get a taxi to the waterfront and got me a good price as well. I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to anyone wishing to have a nice getaway. I was here in May so it was quite quiet, but I can imagine it being busy in the high season. It was close to everything and I felt very safe staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- South Africa's original award-winning Fair Trade hostel and travel shop, with all the facilities you can expect from a hip, urban designer hostel. Private or Shared rooms offering superior comfort and quality, with shared or en-suite bathrooms, electronic safes and in-house ATM. FREE fibre WiFi through the hostel. Swim in the pool with a view of Table Mountain, meet like-minded international travelers in our buzzing Cafe or Bar. We offer a variety of rooms, ranging from 8- and 4-bed dorms, singles, twins and family rooms. The hostel has communal kitchen and dining facilities; lots of sociable and chill-out spots to relax in. A night on the town in Long Street, gorgeous Clifton and Camps Bay beaches, Table Mountain, Waterfront and the city centre is just a stone's throw away. Making a difference is more than just an initiative of The Backpack, it is the way we are, the way we work and the way we live. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your The Backpack reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Backpack Hotel Cape Town Central
- The Backpack Cape Town, South Africa